Ice Cold: Frozer Part-2

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

This is it.

The day I so dreaded to arrive that I couldn't even sleep last night. A lot of things went through my mind as I laid sleepless at 2 a.m. Why did I even agree? I could've suggested him going alone as a better way of having a connection with him. Huh. That's probably why.

But most importantly, why would Adrien come to me? He could've asked any other couple in school for advice. Seeing that I'm single and not getting in a relationship any sooner gives off that I am the last person he should come to for relationship advice.

"Are you ready?" Marinette massages my shoulders as I nod with my chest heaving.

"As ready as I'll ever be..." I say. I would've had a different answer if I was asked yesterday though.

We're in the captain's deck at Juleka's houseboat as we wait for Luka to get ready. I take a look at myself at my reflection on the window before scrunching my nose at the bluenette.

"Seriously..." I grumble. "Did I have to go through that long process of finding the right outfit to get here?"

"Yes."

"And why is that?"

"Your mission is to get Adrien back." She coos as if it's a rational thing to say. I send her a warning glare as she looks at me with an innocent smile that could kill anyone.

"No. It's not. I'm just there to help him with his date." I correct her but she rolls her eyes.

"Sure you are..."

Alya enters through the door and whistles at me, "This outfit looks bomb on you, girl!"

The only reason I could've gone for another outfit was that Marinette, no less, said to wear something appealing to this group 'date'. Although I protested a bit to the initial suggestions, I did find myself fawning over a combination of a nice burgundy bow-tie blouse and black high-waisted pants paired with my normal pumps.

"Your date's pretty hot, not gonna lie~" Alya teases to which I roll my eyes.

Marinette fumes at Alya's words and they start bantering at each other. "I only agreed to this because Luka is a gentleman and he probably knows you have a crush on Adrien seeing that we talked about him all day yesterday!" She argues back at Alya's statement which brings me to rub my temples for comfort.

I take a few deep breaths as I prepare myself to meet Adrien. They stop when they notice my self-calming mannerism.

"This is so lame..." I grumble, propping my elbows on the counter next to me. Marinette takes my hand and soothes it with her fingers, calming me down a little. She pulls my chin up and I peer into her oceanic blue eyes.

"Look on the bright side, (Y/N)..." She bolsters with a cheeky grin pointing to the blue sky, "It's a bright day!" She gleams, "...and Adrien might become super jealous when he sees you with Luka~!" She winks nudging me slightly as I glare at her.

In a fit of impatience, my fingers fumble with my choker loosely hanging on my neck. All of this suddenly feels all too real.

I turn to Alya whose eyes show sympathy. "You could still call it off if you want?" She whispers as she turns to drape her arms around my neck from behind me. I shake my head, "I have to do this. For Adrien."

He needs me.

"Are you absolutely sure you're okay with this?" I ask Marinette as I suppose being with Luka might have set off something in her for sure. She laughs at my assumption and sparkles back my worried expression with an assuring one.