Friendship: Gamer

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Hello?" I call out as I pick up my phone.

"(Y/N)! You better come to school real quick!" I hear Marinette speak through the phone. "W-What's going on?!" I ask as I panic and get ready. "It's a surprise~!" She sings through the phone making me sigh as she hangs up.

"What was that?" Seven asks as she flies towards me. I shrug and look around. "I don't know but Marinette wants me to come to school, that's for sure..." I said before grabbing my bag and rushing out of the room.

---

I walk into the school with a heavy breath for pedalling as fast as I can. I look around and there's...no sign of Marinette.

But as soon as I enter the school courtyard, I hear a noise coming from the school library.

Seven pops her head out of my pocket and looks at me in a confused way to which I just shrug and head up to the library.

I open the door slightly and look inside, finding some of my classmates, including Marinette, Alya and Nino, watching Max and Adrien play a game.

I raise an eyebrow at the scene. "Um...what's happening here?" I ask Marinette as I walk beside her. She smiles at me. "Tryouts for a video game competition between schools...It's called the Paris' Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament..."

"The school sends two of the most qualified players to participate." She whispers as to not disturb the players.

Kim stands beside me, "Actually, this tryout is to determine who is to be partnered with Max..." He says making me raise another eyebrow, "Why Max?" I ask which makes him chuckle. "'Cause he's unbeatable! He's got the AMP over anyone!" He says making me chuckle.

"That actually sounds fun..." I say which makes Marinette look at me, "You should totally try out!" She says making me look at her in a confused way.

"And why would I do that?" I ask which makes her shrug. "You told me that you were interested in games, didn't you?" She says making me nod, "Yeah...I guess I should..." I say just as Adrien defeats Max in the game.

We all cheer for them before I raise my hand.

"Can I try?" I ask which makes everyone look at me.

"The school library is going to close in five minutes but you can." Mr Damocles says making me nod.

I sit down in one of the seats and smile at the two players who look at me in confusion.

Adrien then hands me his controller which makes me smile and nod. "Thanks..." I say after which Max sits and explains the rules. I let out a huge exhale before I grip onto the controller. "Easy, (Y/N), it's not like you haven't done this before..." I self-motivate myself before I choose my character, PR-104(Yes, I definitely made that up...).

"You go, (Y/N)!" I hear Marinette say making me smile and get ready.

"Let's see if you can defeat me!" Max says making me smirk and shake his hand before the game starts.

At first, it's difficult for me to catch up but gradually get the hang of it and play it with the best I can.

As I'm playing, I'm too focused to see that Max is, in terms, fighting to keep up with me and in the end, I win with the highest score.

I hear cheering which makes me jump in my victory.

"What? She...beat him?" Kim asks in confusion. "Beat him? No, she SLAYED HIM!" Alya says making me chuckle sheepishly.