5: Jump

Four hours later, we'd already sent down three loads of bags and boxes. We were running out of room in the car to put stuff and I was exhausted. Taehyung, on the other hand, looked completely in his element. He just kept throwing pants and shirts and skirts and accessories at me. He'd give me a pile and snap his finger toward the dressing room while still looking through the racks. Every item I tried, I had to get his approval on. I didn't get to choose anything.

To be fair, though, he had a great eye for fashion. By the time we'd been to all the stores on the list he kept to himself, he had developed the ability to know whether or not something would look good on me without me even having to try it. Which, I was grateful for. Especially as I stood in the mirror at the last store and looked at the haggard, old-looking woman staring back at me.

My brown hair was a mess of waves and frizz and the dark circles under my green eyes could probably be named and put on a register for geologic features at that point. My cheeks were sunken and my normally pale skin was borderline gray, especially under the harsh dressing room lights. I sighed and tried to smooth the frizz at my crown.

"You okay in there?" Taehyung's voice was more impatient than caring.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I don't know if this is how this thing is supposed to look. It feels wrong, though."

Taehyung groaned and mumbled something under his breath before he grabbed the door knob and started to turn it. "Unlock the door so I can come in."

"Um... I don't know if you should. This is little more than a bra. And it's see-through."

"It's supposed to be. Just open the fucking door."

Apparently, he was getting tired after all. I unlocked the door and covered my breasts as he stepped inside. He gave me a deadpan look. "I've seen tits before. Yours are nothing special."

I sighed and looked away as I dropped my hands by my sides.

"I don't see a problem. It's a balconette bra. It's supposed to push your boobs up like that."

"So you want me walking around all day in a bra and nothing else?"

"You've got pants on."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I've not said anything about any of the other clothes you've put on me today, but this is a little far. I won't be comfortable walking around showing this much skin."

Taehyung groaned and rubbed his forehead before disappearing through the door. He came back a minute later and handed me a sheer black shirt. "Here, is this better?"

I threw the shirt over my head and looked in the mirror. It didn't cover much, but it was better than nothing. And coupled with the high-waisted, fake leather leggings and pointy high heels he had me in, even I had to admit it looked good on me. "Yeah, I guess."

"Great. Leave it on and throw Kook's shit in a bag. We'll get you some jewelry and we'll be ready to go. I'm starving." At the mention of food, my stomach rumbled. He looked back at me and grinned. "And it sounds like you are, too."

"Always," I deadpanned.

"I have reservations for us in a few minutes, so let's hurry." Taehyung grabbed some rings, earrings, necklaces, and a watch and handed it all to me.

"You want me to wear all of this?"

"You're representing our crew. Yes. I want you to wear all of it. And I have a pair of sunglasses waiting at the counter. Your hair and facial appointment is scheduled after we eat."

My shoulders fell. "I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but really? Could we not just brush out my hair and slap some makeup on me?"

Taehyung wrinkled up his nose. "Ew. No offense, but no. But if it makes you feel better, you'll be sitting down the whole time."