Awake

I decided to sleep on the couch that night. Taehyung offered for me to take his bed, but since I hadn't exactly been given permission to do so and I was still a little scared of Jin and Namjoon, I didn't think it would be a good idea. Coupled with the fact that I had complicated my relationship between Taehyung and Jungkook exponentially, I thought some time to myself would be smarter. Of course, in a house of seven men, having time to myself wasn't really a luxury I could count on.

The padding of feet and rustling of the refrigerator in the kitchen woke me up around three in the morning. I tossed and turned on the deep couch, but couldn't get my mind to settle again. Finally, I peeked over the back of the couch fully expecting to find Jin. To my shock, it was Namjoon fixing a sandwich. I propped my head on my arms over the back cushions and watched silently as he poured some milk, shoved the sandwich in his mouth, and grabbed a bag of chips. When he turned and saw me, he stopped and looked at me like a deer in headlights. With a sheepish grin dimpling his cheeks, he came and sat beside me on the couch.

"Sorry," he said once he'd sat his drink down and pulled the sandwich from his mouth, "I didn't know you were in here. Was Jungkook snoring again?"

I sighed and turned around, pulling my feet up underneath me and turning on the massive TV hanging on the wall. It was on a weather channel, so I just left it there for the monotonous noise. "No. I didn't think I should be in there tonight."

"Because of what happened with you and Tae?"

I looked at him wide-eyed with my mouth hanging open. Namjoon grinned and shoved a chip in my open mouth. "There aren't many secrets in this house."

"That's comforting," I said, chewing the chip and stealing another.

Namjoon propped his feet up on the edge of the coffee table and watched as the screen displayed another incoming rain front. "Have you thought about talking to Jungkook and Taehyung about everything?"

"How do I even bring that up?" And what about the fact that I'm attracted to everyone else in this house, apparently?

"I don't know, but they're both pretty reasonable guys." I felt him turn his gaze on me from the corner of my eye. "I'm sure they understand that you're an attractive girl and there's obviously going to be more than one of us interested in you."

I didn't miss the "us" part, but I didn't let him know. I didn't want to add to my problems. "Yeah, but guys aren't usually the most understanding when it comes to competition over women."

Namjoon chuckled softly, putting his dishes on the table before relaxing into the cushions with his hands clasped casually across his stomach. "I don't know if you've noticed, but we aren't exactly the most average guys."

"Oh, I've noticed. Which is my problem."

Joon glanced over at me again. This time I returned his look as I shifted in my seat so I could prop my arm over the back of the couch. I took in his casual sweatpants, loose t-shirt, and messy hair which was unlike what I had come to expect from him. He let out a slow breath and leaned his head back. "Well, which one are you more interested in?"

"It's not that simple." It should have been weird to have such an open conversation with Joon, but it was strangely easy. I blamed it on either my exhaustion at being woken up in the middle of the night, or Joon's uncharacteristically relaxed demeanor. "I like them both."

"Then see them both. It's not like you're talking about marriage."

I pulled a face. "Now I know you've lost your mind. You want me to do... whatever this is... with two friends who live in the same house?"