Do You

*** Play the music while reading this scene... whatever I'd had here before got removed, so I'm putting this here now. It's, by far, the best sex song from the 90s. Yeah...I'm showing my age but idgaf it's a kick-ass song!

***

Taehyung flew through the city streets faster than was probably considered safe. I held on for everything I was worth as he skidded to a stop on the concrete garage floor at the house. When he jumped off the bike, I barely had time to let go before he was grabbing my arms and pulling me toward the back wall. He shoved me against a table and started ripping at the helmet and jacket that he had given me back at the warehouse.

"Tae! Tae, calm down! I already told you, I'm fine! I wasn't hit."

He wasn't listening. He threw my helmet and jacket across the room so he could inspect my arms, throat, and face with trembling hands for any damage. I carefully pulled at his helmet and set it down on the work table behind me, then took his face in my hands and forced him to look at me.

"Tae," I said gently, "I'm okay. I promise."

"I shouldn't have taken you," he whispered as he let his forehead fall against mine.

I slid my hands down to his chest. His were braced against the table on either side of my hips. I was painfully aware of his closeness and his breath on my skin.

"It's okay. You have to be able to trust me. If I hadn't been there, you might not have come back."

"But if something happened to you..."

"But nothing did," I said softly, bringing his eyes back to mine. I never expected him to act like that. "You've got to trust me."

He let out a slow breath. "I didn't before. But after what happened last night and what happened tonight... I do. I trust you, Morgan. Which is the problem."

"I don't understand."

Taehyung shook his head slightly then turned to walk away. "Nothing, never mind."

"No, tell me," I said, catching his wrist and pulling him back.

His eyes were hard edged obsidian in the shadows cast by the fluorescent lights overhead. "When I saw you with Jungkook..." His voice trailed off as he rubbed his forehead. Finally, he sighed and stepped closer. I let his arm fall, but couldn't bring myself to let him go. The warmth of his skin in mine was too comforting.

"I got jealous. I wanted that to be me. And then when I looked back and you weren't behind me tonight, I thought the worst. I couldn't bear the thought of you not coming home with me because I'd been too stupid to see Shownu's double cross. All because I'd been preoccupied wishing you had chosen me."

I stepped closer, feeling my heart beating in my fingertips. I still hadn't let go of his wrist. "You had no way of knowing he was going to do that. You didn't know it was dangerous." I shrugged. "And besides, like you said, I'd already proven I could take care of myself." I looked down at the floor and licked my lips self-consciously. "As for what happened with Jungkook...that was unexpected. Everything has been happening so fast. All my emotions....all the stress... it just hit me at once. I can't explain why, but I feel like I belong here. With you guys. All of you. It's like I was meant to find you."

When I looked back up, Taehyung's eyes were narrow and hooded. He bit his lip, sending my stomach cartwheeling, before reaching out and wrapping his hand around my neck. Before I had a chance to think, our lips were crashing into each other and his hands were fisting in my hair. I grabbed his leather coat and held on as he backed me up against the table. His hands left my hair just long enough to grab the backs of my thighs and pick me up onto the table, spreading my legs so he could step between them and push our bodies closer together.