Go Go

*This chapter contains scenes of graphic violence. Reader discretion is advised*

Jungkook returned fire but it was hard to hit a moving target when you were also taking evasive action. I took a steadying breath and tried to sit up. Joon pushed me back down.

"Don't," he warned.

"I have to, Namjoon. It's our only chance." His grip tightened on me possessively for a second before he let me up. I turned and peeked over the back of the seat as much as I dared. It was hard to get a grip on something I couldn't see. Jungkook glanced back at me, doing a double take.

"What are you doing? Get down!" He was looking at me when the bullet pierced him. He screamed, his face contorting in agony as he collapsed onto the seat. I screamed, too, my powers ripping out from my body. Hobi swerved again from the force of it, but my focus was on the cars behind us and the men that had just shot my Jungkook.

I reached out with my mind, grabbing the lead car. It jerked from right to left, taking out innocent people on each side. I cleared the way, then twitched my head, sending the vehicle flying through a barrier and off the bridge we were on. As the headlights disappeared over the edge, I grabbed onto the second one. Slamming down with the full force of my thoughts, I crushed the hood into the road. The driver and front passenger were thrown out of the windshield and their broken bodies flung underneath the wheels of the other pursuer. Realizing what was going on, the final car slammed on their breaks, trying to put distance between us.

I tried to focus on the vehicle, but I was distracted by Jungkook's ragged breaths below me. A man leaned out of the passenger window and put the scope of a very large rifle up to his eye. The more I tried, the harder it became to direct my powers. They were becoming more and more difficult to control. Our car skidded wildly over the road.

"Breathe, Morgan. Come back before we lose you," Namjoon was saying behind me, but I didn't want to listen. The power was seductive and my rage nearly all-consuming. I wasn't going to lose someone I loved again. I would burn the world down before I let that happen. I took a deep breath and focused on the man leaning out of the window. I could almost see his eye through his scope. Finally, I latched on and snapped his neck. His body dropped immediately and the driver nearly lost control when he realized what was going on.

"Um...hang on guys. We've got more company," Hoseok said lowly from the front before slamming on the breaks and throwing us all forward, then sideways as the car drifted around. I threw my body over Jungkook's to keep him from being thrown into the floor.

Almost immediately, bullets were slamming into the car from all sides. Glass poured down on us like hail as we all sunk to the floorboard. No one could speak or hear each other over the noise. If I didn't do something right away, we were all dead.

The pain in my head was more intense than anything I'd ever felt before as I pushed my powers out from my body in an attempt to make a field around us like I'd done when Wonho blew up the street. The sound inside lessened, but I could still hear the guns firing from beyond the car. I had to get out where I could see. As I climbed over the seats and broken glass, I felt something latch onto my ankle. When I looked down, I choked out a sob. Namjoon's face was covered in blood and he was barely conscious.

"Don't," he said weakly.

"I have to," I whispered against the pain of controlling my powers. It didn't take much to rip my ankle out of his grasp.

When I stepped out of the ruined SUV, the gunfire stopped. They could see what I was. As blood poured down my head and stained my skin red, I pushed out on the force field, throwing all the bullets I'd caught back into the men that fired them. Whistling filled the air like a thousand fireworks being set off at once and one-by-one, the men fell. I crumplee against the car just as another one pulled up beside us. I pushed myself up, ready to fight until the end, but Jimin's voice stopped me.