Singularity

I sulked in Jungkook's room until the smell of warm food and my own hungry belly pulled me out. Thankfully, everyone else was too busy eating or preparing for their day to bother picking on me more for what had happened earlier.

Sighing, I sat down in the empty chair beside Taehyung. Without a word, he slid a plate over and started piling food on top of it.

"Thank you," I said meekly as I took the serving spoon from his hands. When our skin touched, I immediately felt my face flush. He grinned down at me with his lower lip between his teeth, but kept his mouth shut, which I was grateful for. I wasn't sure if I was a virgin or not before last night, but I didn't think so. One thing I was certain about, though, was that Taehyung definitely wasn't. The way he handled me and my body was too good for it to have been his first time. And the more I caught myself thinking about the way he'd touched me, the hotter my face got. Thankfully, Yoongi rescued me from my salacious thoughts.

"You want to come work with me today?"

I stopped everything and looked up at him with my mouth hanging open. I glanced around that the faces left at the table. No one seemed like they were going to argue. Yoongi put his tablet down and propped his arm on the table while he watched me with sleepy eyes and waited for my answer.

It's not that I didn't like Yoongi. I just didn't know anything about him. He was always so quiet and we'd barely had any interaction with each other so far. He'd always been busy in his own little world when everything was going on. I snapped my mouth shut and smiled.

"Sure. Sounds like a good idea." If nothing else, maybe it would give me the chance to learn more about him. Or to help him figure out something about me.

"Good," he said, grabbing his dishes. "When you're finished making moon eyes at lover boy over there, meet me down in the lab."

My smile turned into a scowl as I glared a hole in the back of his head. Taehyung chuckled beside me and shook his head.

"Don't worry about Yoongi-hyung. He's always grouchy in the morning. He's a great guy when you really get to know him."

"So you say," I grumbled, watching the older man stalk out of the room.

"Taehyung's right, but you probably don't want to keep him waiting, either," Jin added, pointing at my plate with his chopsticks. I sighed and focused on shoveling as much food into my mouth as humanly possible. I didn't need to give anyone a reason to hate me since I was still the new girl.

Once finished, I nodded at the guys and grabbed my dishes, washing them quickly before heading off the way I'd seen Yoongi go. I hadn't had much time to explore the house since coming there and definitely didn't know my way around too well. All I had to go on was that he'd said to meet him "down" in the lab, so I took that to mean he was in the basement. I poked around until I found the stairs again and then bounded down them. I vaguely remembered where the pool and gym were and figured Yoongi's lab had to be somewhere else. Knowing what little I did about him, I didn't figure he would want to be anywhere close to where noise was going on, so I turned in the opposite direction and started looking behind random doors.

The basement was deceptively large. Their house was like an iceberg. Only a little bit was on the surface, but it seemed like most of the day-to-day stuff was underneath. I opened a door to my right and gasped. Inside was just a plain white room with a single chair bolted to the floor. Ropes, chains, and shackles hung from the ceiling and rested on the floor by the legs. The smell that hit me was the worst part, though. My nostrils were assaulted with the scent of disinfectant and something metallic that I couldn't quite identify.

"No, no, no. This isn't it," Jimin said, pulling me out of the room and closing the door softly. I looked up into his soft smile and let him lead me farther down the hall. "That's not the room you want to be in." He tipped his head and pursed his lips. "Unless you've got some kinks. In which case, I might like to help you with those."