War of Hormone - Part I

I grabbed a towel and ran down the hall after Taehyung, calling his name. He wouldn't even slow down. And he was a fast walker. I burst out of the basement and followed him toward the kitchen, but skidded to a stop when I saw the rest of the guys standing around the dining room peering down into various takeout boxes. They all looked up at me questioningly. Taehyung glanced at me from around Namjoon's shoulder and I could see the hurt on his face.

"Oh, good. You're finished," Jin said. "I thought we were going to have to send an extraction team for you two."

My face flushed as Taehyung looked at me again, narrowing his eyes accusingly. "Sorry. We got carried away." I wasn't sure who I was really saying that to. Taehyung scoffed and disappeared down the hallway. Jungkook came bounding in a minute later with a huge grin on his face as he jogged over to the table full of food. He poked his head into a brown bag.

"Nice. What did you bring me, hyung?"

Jin slapped Jungkook on the back of the head playfully. "Wait your turn, Kookie. Ladies first."

I laughed despite myself. "Oh, I don't think I qualify as a lady."

"Oh, you definitely don't qualify as a lady," Jungkook said with a devilish grin. Jin and Namjoon looked between us, but thankfully didn't say anything. They started handing out food, but Taehyung never came back down.

"Everything go as planned today," Jungkook asked with his mouth full of food. Jin popped him on the back of his head again, nearly making him spit everything back out. It made me giggle to see someone as strong and deadly as Jungkook get smacked around.

"You may be a stone-cold killer, but you will not behave like a heathen in my house."

"Sorry, hyung," Jungkook said with a sheepish grin on his face.

Jin gave him a hard glare, but nodded and went back to his food. "Yes, everything worked out as we expected it to."

"What do you mean," I asked, tilting my head to the side. "What's with the cryptic talk? I thought I was one of you now."

A look spread around the table, but I wasn't sure what emotions it was meant to hold. Finally, Namjoon put down his chopsticks and tented his fingers over his plate. His eyes met mine but they didn't have the usual hardness to them.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

I nodded.

He looked at Jin, who nodded without looking away from his food, before continuing. "We took care of Cha Hakyeon's crew."

"By "took care of", you mean killed?"

Namjoon nodded, waiting for my reaction. I sat still for a moment as I waited for my brain to come to terms with what he was saying. Finally, I propped my hands under my chin and leaned forward. "And Cha Hakyeon?"

"We left him alive. Most of his crew were his family. We thought it would send a stronger message to the rest of the gangs."

"To be left alive, but alone, is a torture all its own."

"Do you not agree with what we did?"

I sat back and crossed my arms as I thought. "Leaving a dangerous man with nothing leaves him no reason to stay sane. I think you might have just angered a viper."

A curious smile caught the dimples in Namjoon's cheeks as he mirrored my position. "But he now knows that we have a Kinetic, it would be suicide to try and attack us."

"Which is the only choice you've left him with. If it were me, I'd want to die. To take out a few of the people responsible for the deaths of my family while I did it would just be icing on the cake. I think in your desire to set an example, you've made an even more unpredictable enemy."

Jin and Hobi sat down their chopsticks and looked up at me while Yoongi stared over his bowl. Jungkook just grinned at me while Jimin looked out the windows. Namjoon kept his unreadable stare on me.

"She's right, hyungs," Taehyung said from behind me. Even though I'd heard him coming, I jumped when he spoke. He sat down beside me and grabbed a box of food. "I think we should take him out, too, to protect ourselves."

"We'll take your opinion into consideration," Jin said with finality. Nobody said anything else, so I kept my mouth shut, too. It was nice to at least be heard, though. It was more than I had expected. As I sat there, though, a thought started to needle into my mind. I couldn't understand why I wasn't more bothered by what they had told me. And by what I had done. Logically, I knew it was bad but for some reason I couldn't feel bad about any of it. That was what scared me. Not what I had done, but my lack of reaction to it.

When everyone was finished Jin stood, nodding his head at Jungkook and Yoongi. Jungkook winked at me as he followed Jin from the room. Namjoon mumbled something about the club while looking at his phone, which just left me, Jimin, Taehyung, and Hobi. I looked around at them while biting my lip.

"So...are we just going to hang out here for the rest of the day, or...?"

Jimin and Hobi gave each other a knowing look while Tae kept his head down on his own phone. Jimin was the first to speak.

"I know something we can do." His smile grew until it took over his whole face and hid his eyes. Hobi's smile widen, too, and I started to get a little concerned. Tae finished whatever he was doing on his phone and looked up at the older boys. He looked at them, then at me, and the corner of his lip tucked up into a crooked smile that was just short of devastating.

"What?" I was a little concerned seeing their grins. They weren't the kind of guys to be trusted. "You aren't talking about drinking again, are you? Cause I'm pretty sure you're barely over last night."

Jimin jumped up and grabbed my wrist, dragging me toward the door. "Nope, this doesn't involve any alcohol." He grabbed the keys by the door and tossed them up in the air. Hobi caught them on his way past us.

"Shouldn't I change? I'm sweaty."

"Where we're going, no one will care, sweetheart," Jimin said with a laugh as he looked over his shoulder at me. Taehyung followed behind, locking the door as we walked out.

"You're not scared, are you baby girl?"

Hearing Taehyung call me that was unnerving, but the look in his eye was even worse. When he'd caught me and Jungkook making out in the basement, he looked hurt. Now he looked like he'd been challenged to something. 

I wasn't sure if I was the challenger or the prize, but I had the feeling I was going to find out pretty soon.

Sorry for splitting this into two parts, but with my job and family issues, my writing time is getting cut down significantly

Sorry for splitting this into two parts, but with my job and family issues, my writing time is getting cut down significantly. I still wanted to get something out on this fic today, though, so here it is. I hope you like it! Please consider adding it to your reading list, leaving me a vote, and/or leaving a comment. I LOVE when people interact!