8: House of Cards

Jungkook wasn't the one to wake me the next morning. That honor went to Jimin. Which meant he was the one to see me butt-naked lying on the bed. When I woke up to him lightly smacking my face, I groaned and reached for something to cover up with. The only thing I could get hold of was the towel I'd used the night before.

"Why cover up when I've already seen everything? It's not like I'm going to try something."

"I know that or you'd already be dead."

I hadn't meant it as a joke, but Jimin apparently took it that way considering the way he was cackling. When he saw my serious face, he stopped. "Wait, you're serious?"

"Wouldn't be the first time," I said as I sat up in the bed.

He quirked his eyebrows like he was impressed or something. "Okay. Good to know. I'll have to tell Kooky. He's the pervy one anyway."

I giggled at that. He wasn't wrong there. "Where is he, by the way? He's usually the one to wake me up."

"He's got another job for Jin this morning. He'll be around later."

"So what are we doing today?"

"You're coming with me and Joon to the nightclub. Everyone else has something to do and won't be here, so we're going to show you the ropes down there."

"So, you're saying there aren't any babysitters today so you and Namjoon got stuck with me?"

"Something like that. But the club is fun, so it's not like it'll be that bad."

"Fine," I whined. Jimin left the room so I could get changed, because apparently staring at me while I put on clothes was totally different than looking at me while asleep and naked. I was pretty sure that only made sense to boy brains.

I grabbed a muffin from the basket in the kitchen on our way out the door. At the last minute, Hobi decided to join us, so we took his SUV since it was larger. He drove with Namjoon in the passenger seat and me in the middle with Jimin. It was a gloomy day with a cold rain falling and an even colder wind blowing through the labyrinth of skyscrapers. Taehyung had bought me plenty of pretty clothes to wear out for finer functions and events, but he hadn't bought me much in the way of regular clothes except for a pair of holey jeans that I'd bitched for. I'd had to borrow a hoodie from Jimin, which surprisingly fit me fairly well, just so I wouldn't freeze or get something good messed up in the rain. I pulled the hood over my head as we stopped in the dirty alley behind a squat building in the pleasure district.

"Do you think it's going to be busy with all this," Hobi asked as he jumped out of the car.

"Oh yeah. We've got that singer coming in tonight. What's her name... Jessi or something? She always brings in a crowd no matter what. We're expecting a full house. And there's still a shit ton to do before we can open so let's get inside."

I followed the guys in through the huge bay doors and tried to find an inconspicuous place to wait until I was needed. They each moved around doing their own thing for a good hour before anyone even remembered I was there.

"Hey, Morgan. Want to give me a hand with these cases of champagne," Jimin asked from the bar area. It was a huge square in the middle of the room with the dance floor on all sides.

"Sure. Where are we going with them?"

"I'm taking these upstairs to the rooftop bar. It might stop raining by the time we open and I need everything to be prepared for a rush."

"Oh nice, there's a rooftop space?"

"Yeah," he said, hefting three cases up in his arms. His thigh muscles looked like they were going to bust through his jeans. I did my best to pay attention to my load rather than stare at his body like a perv. "We keep all the tables and chairs up there so there's more room down here for the stage and dance floor."