Mic Drop

With a long-suffering sigh, I ran my fingers through my hair and leaned back in my chair. The computer system hummed around me while the screens along the wall flashed between the different views I'd been studying. I rubbed at my eyes before laying my head down on the table, cradled in my arms. I'd been avoiding the world in Yoongi's office for the better part of a week and I had nothing to show for it.

I heard the door open and shut, but didn't lift my head to see who was there. It was likely one of two people and the second had been avoiding me ever since his run in with Hobi.

"Here. You look like you need this," Yoongi said, sitting on the table to my left. I peeked up over my arm to look at the steaming cup of coffee he sat beside me, then smiled. The corner of Yoongi's lips pulled up into a smirk, but he looked away before it became a full-blown smile.

"Thank you." I took the cup in both hands and let the steam rising off of it wash over my tired eyes. I took a sip before relaxing into the chair again. "I can't figure it out, Yoongi. His security is too tight. I don't see a way for us to break in and get out without getting caught. Even if I did as much as I possibly could, I don't see a way in without risking everything." I didn't want to admit that I'd be afraid of losing myself if I did too much. When I wasn't in Yoongi's little room, I was down in the training room trying to work on my abilities and it wasn't going well. Anytime I tried to do too much, I'd get too close to slipping and that terrified me.

It was like AT3 had mad me with the implicit point of slipping into that dangerous, bloodthirsty realm. Maybe that was what they wanted from all of us. Maybe that's what killed the others.

Movement pulled me out of my dark thoughts as Yoongi shrugged and slipped off the counter into his chair beside mine. "Then we don't break in."

I turned to look at Yoongi. His chin was in his hand as he watched the screens before him. I had the feeling he meant we should just scrap the whole thing, but something he'd said was clicking into place, though my brain was still trying to make the connections. I looked back at the screens.

The Baron's estate was set up like a palace. The bottom floor was the main floor where the ball would be held and the levels above were for the Baron's everyday business affairs and meetings. They were off limits to all but personnel and security. But the basement was where the real magic happened. That level held the security offices and equipment and was probably where we could expect to find the information we needed. It's where I was trying to find a way for us to get in since the information we were after would likely be stored on servers down there.

"But what if..." I grabbed a tablet and started manipulating the blueprints Namjoon had managed to get of the estate. I didn't even want to think about what he'd had to do to get those, but I was glad he did. I pulled up the exploded view on the newly fixed projector and started expanding until I was practically walking through a visual representation of the interior of the Baron's home. I moved the projection to the second level and down the hall. At the end was a heavily reinforced room with a huge power draw and high average heat signatures. It was likely the Baron's personal office with every manner of communication wiring leading to it.

"So we don't break in," I said, turning to Yoongi with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face. He just wrinkled his eyebrows together and sat back as he waited for me to explain myself.

***

It took almost an hour to explain the plan to the boys. Somewhere in the process, someone had ordered pizza and we all sat around the living room eating and going over all the ins and outs of what I'd come up with. We were running out of time and they still weren't on board with what I had proposed. I sat in the floor next to the coffee table so I could manipulate the blueprints if needed, which I had already had to do several times.