Chapter One

"Oh, these will do nicely, don't you think?" Arthit took a step back to admire the bouquet of flowers he had just finished arranging.

"Yes. They are beautiful. Every time I think you've outdone yourself; you blow my mind again. How do you come up with such lovely designs? You're so creative." Rome put his arm around Arthit's shoulder and squeezed.

Arthit blushed and smiled down at his petite business partner.

"It's a gift, I guess. I just envision it in my mind, and I can't rest until I've done it. Do you really think they'll like it?"

"Like it? No, my friend. They are going to LOVE it! It is truly outstanding."

The phone rang, causing both men to turn their attention to the reception counter. Rome bounded towards the counter to answer the call.

"Thank you for calling Bouquet for You. This is Rome. How may I help you?"

He began to chat with the person on the phone chirpily while Arthit walked to the back office to review the calendar of deliveries for this week.

"Dammit! We have the Suthiluck Wedding consultation this afternoon. I really need to contact the bride to make sure they are still coming." Arthit looked up their contact information and picked up the phone to make the call.

"Hello? Hi. My name is Arthit Rojnapat and I'm calling from A Bouquet for You about your consultation this afternoon. I just wanted to make sure we were still scheduled to meet."

"Yes, we're looking forward to it. I have some ideas of what I want."

"Perfect! It helps to have an idea of what you want before you come. Otherwise, you'll be overwhelmed by all the possibilities and choices."

"Wonderful. Thanks for calling and we'll see you at 4:00."

"Yes. See you then."

Rome was in the show room setting up the space for Arthit's 1:00 appointment, when he heard a commotion coming from the storefront.

"What in the world?"

He ran to the front to find a clearly drunk man harassing Arthit.

"Baby, why didn't you call me back? I thought we had a good thing going. Why are you acting like a little bitch? I love you. Why did you leave me?"

Arthit was cowering in the corner, shaking and in tears. The drunk man was towering over him, grabbing at his arm.

"P-please Mike. Please st-stop. You're hurting me." Arthit was begging Mike to stop, but he continued his assault, hoisting Arthit up by his wrists. Arthit screamed in pain. Rome arrived at the reception counter in time to see Mike trying to drag Arthit from behind the counter.

"What the fuck are you doing, you bastard? LET HIM GO!" Rome lunged at Mike, breaking a vase over his head, knocking him to the ground. In his drunken state, Mike was unable to maintain his balance, landing on his butt. Arthit scrambled across the floor holding his wrist, which was red and starting to swell. Rome scurried over to Arthit and helped him up. Once he had Arthit squared away, he shoved Mike out the door and locked it.

"Arthit! Call the police."

Arthit, still shaking, shook his head back and forth. "I can't. They'll just let him go and he'll come back again."

Rome walked over to Arthit, kneeling in front of him. He gingerly reached for his wrist to assess the damage.

"Arthit, listen to me. You must call the police. I know you're scared, and you don't want to, but if you don't, he'll keep coming after you."

A Rose Amongst ThornsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara