Chapter Thirteen

Two months later...

Arthit took his seat in the café, smiling at the hostess.

"Your waitress will be right with you." She smiled back at Arthit, leaving a couple of menus on the table and returning to her post.

He looked at his watch, barely able to contain his excitement. Kongpob had called him that morning asking him to lunch. Rome had been teasing him all day. Although he still wasn't sold on Kongpob, he wanted his friend to be happy. If Arthit was happy, Rome was happy. Arthit chuckled remembering how Rome had threatened Kongpob.

"What's so funny?"

Arthit looked up and smiled widely at Kongpob.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about something Rome said."

"And how is my biggest fan? Still plotting my death?"

"Oh, stop it. Rome is not that bad. He won't kill you. He'll just maim you a little."

They laughed and held hands while Kongpob kissed Arthit's cheek. Arthit opened the menu and started looking to see what he wanted to eat. He could feel Kongpob's eyes on him, making him feel shy. He could feel the heat rise in him, evidenced by the pink dusting of his cheeks and ears.

"Kongpob. You're staring."

"I can't help it. I'm just so happy to be here with you."

"Stop it. It's just lunch."

"Yeah, but time with you is so precious. I asked you here for a reason."

Arthit put down his menu and looked quizzically at Kongpob.

"What is it Kong?"

Kongpob held Arthit's hand and stared into his eyes.

"I'm going to break up with Achara."

Arthit's breathing hitched.

"Really? I mean, I know this has always been the plan. Telling your mother was hard enough, but are you really ready to tell Achara?"

"Yes. It's time. I don't want to string her along any further. It's not fair to you...or her. I don't want to spend another day without you. You're mine and I want the world to know."

"Yours, huh? I don't remember being asked mister." Arthit smiled cheekily at Kongpob and swatted his arm.

"Really? I could have sworn I heard someone tell me he loved me. I also distinctly remember loudly declaring my love for a certain someone while walking in the park that one time."

They smiled warmly at each other, Arthit leaning in to rub noses with Kongpob.

"Just order your food." Arthit rolled his eyes and laughed.

Achara sat on the bathroom floor, breathing heavily and holding her head in her hand. Before she could catch her breath, she felt the bile rising in her throat again. This was the third morning in a row she woke up needing to vomit.

"Am I sick? I don't feel like I have a fever. I guess I need to visit the doctor. I don't usually get sick."

After cleaning herself up and taking a shower, she headed to the hospital for a checkup.

"Achara Nattapol?" The nurse called into the waiting room, while holding a chart in her hand. Achara stood and followed the nurse into an examination room. "The doctor will be right with you."