Chapter Twenty-Two

Kongpob opened his eyes and was immediately disoriented. He had a massive headache and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Was it all a dream?"

He spoke to no one as he swung his legs over the side of the bed. He took a few minutes to collect himself resting his head in his hands. The memories of what happened came flooding back to him and his breath hitched. Tears formed in his eyes.

"Arthit."

He looked for his phone but couldn't find it. Getting up from the bed, he held onto the wall staggering around the room to locate his lost phone.

"Where is it?"

He screamed in frustration as his legs gave way landing him on the floor. His frustration came out in violent sobs that caused his entire body to shake. Kongpob grabbed a shoe that was laying on the floor and threw it against a mirror on the wall.

"Why?"

Hearing the crash in the other room Phana hurriedly entered the room. He didn't see Kongpob in the bed and called out to his friend.

"Kongpob!"

"Phana."

Kongpob called out to Phana in a raspy voice. Phana walked around the bed to find Kongpob lying on the floor. He bent down to help him up and walk him back to the bed.

"Kong you can't allow yourself to get sick. You must remain strong for Arthit. He wouldn't want you to be like this. Here. Let me get you into the shower."

Kongpob nodded slowly. Phana carried him bridal style into the bathroom, placing him on the edge of the bathtub. After allowing the water to warm, he undressed Kongpob and placed him in the tub.

"Phana. How is Arthit? I want to go see him. Please."

He looked at Phana with a tear stained face and a pleading look.

"I spoke to his attending physician this morning. There is no change in his condition. His is still in a coma."

"Have they found a heart for him?"

Phana wasn't sure how to answer him. The simple answer was no, but Arthit could live indefinitely attached to the machines. After weighing the option of telling Kongpob a more detailed answer Phana simply replied by shaking his head from left to right.

"I wish there was something I could do."

"There is. You can stay strong and support Arthit. He needs your strength right now. He could get a heart at any moment. I hate to think this way but with all the tragedy that comes through the ER there is always the hope that he can get a heart from one of those people."

Kongpob nodded and continued to cry silently.

Madame Suthiluck approached the front door of the manor. Before she could ring the doorbell, the door opened.

"Madame. It's been a long time. I wish your visit came during a better time."

"Good evening Oat. Is he here?"

"Yes Madame. He is in his study. Please be careful. The Master is not in good spirits. The Young Master..."

Madame Suthiluck gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

"No! What happened Oat?"

Oat relayed the events from earlier to Madame Suthiluck. He did not share that Mike had killed himself, but he did tell her that he was dead.