Chapter Eleven

Arthit groggily opened his eyes and rubbed his knuckles over his eyes to get the sleep out of them. He turned his head to find Rome softly snoring on the couch. He coughed and leaned over to grab the cup of water sitting on the table next to his hospital bed. He barely touched it making it crash to the floor. Rome sat up with a start and stared at Arthit.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to wake up for hours."

"How long have I been out? My head hurts."

"About six hours. Dr. Kongthanin gave you a sedative so you could get some rest."

"Oh. Can you get me some water? My throat hurts and my mouth feels like it's full of cotton."

Rome cleaned up the water on the floor and grab a clean cup from the cupboard. He poured the water into the cup, placed a straw in it and held it to Arthit's lips. After a few good sips, he nodded his head. Rome leaned over his friend and gave him a hug.

"You really scared me Arthit. Are you feeling a little better?"

"Yes, I think so."

"Good." Rome flicked his forehead.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"You stupid douche bag! How could you go without eating? Your blood sugar dropped so low, you passed out. Dumbass." Rome grumbled and dropped back on the couch.

"I know. It was stupid. I was just so preoccupied about Kongpob that I couldn't sleep or eat. I still don't know what to do about him." Arthit sighed and then he bolted upright in bed. "Oh my GOD! He must be going out of his mind with worry. I freaked out so badly on him. I need to tell him it wasn't his fault. I overreacted. I know he wasn't trying to hurt me. I just freaked out. He grabbed me and all I could think of was how Mike used to grab me when I tried to walk away. Dammit! Why am I so weak?"

"Okay! That's it. I'm not going to listen to this bullshit one more minute. I punched that motherfucker and knocked his ass to the ground."

"You did what? Why?"

"Are you serious? You were screaming in the corner begging him not to hurt you. What should I have done? Given him a cookie. Fuck him. He's the reason you're lying in that bed. I'm not letting him off the hook and you shouldn't either. He has a fiancé. He shouldn't even be talking to you. And then he had the nerve...the unmitigated gall to bring his woman to YOUR shop and flaunt her in front of you. That makes him a bastard in my eyes. Sorry! Not Sorry!"

"Rome, you're being hard on him.  He didn't know it was my shop.  Didn't his fiancé make the appointment with you?  Then how could he have known?  We were both shocked when we saw each other."

"You're not being hard enough on him Arthit. You deserve SO much better."

"Do I? I am a broken man Rome. I'm messed up and I don't know that I can love someone. Mike was a disaster and I haven't been on a date since I escaped from that hell."

"So, you first time you fall for someone you choose an engaged wet noodle? Granted, he's freaking gorgeous and he is a doctor, but he's ENGAGED! Therefore, he's not available. Choose someone else Arthit."

"I haven't fallen for him. Yet. Right now, I'm just confused. We spent one wonderful day together. That's all."

"And then he went home to his fiancé.  Judging from the goofy look on your face, you're in love with him alright.  I have to say it one more time.  HE HAS A FINACE!"

"Must you keep mentioning that?"

"I will keep saying it until it sinks into your thick skull."

"Anyway, when can I get out of here?"