Chapter Fifteen

Rome was reorganizing items in the storeroom when he heard the bell letting him know someone had entered the shop. He dropped the box he was holding and happily bounded to the front reception area. Rome stopped in his tracks when he saw a certain person standing at the front desk.

"Oh. It's you." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "What do you want?"

"Hi Rome. Good to see you too." Kongpob smiled at Rome. "Is Arthit here?"

"He had to run a quick errand, but he'll be back in a minute. Since you're here, though, I wanna talk to you. Let's go in the back."

Rome led Kongpob to Arthit's office. He sat behind Arthit's desk and waved his hand towards the chair in front of the desk inviting Kongpob to have a seat.

"What can I do for you Rome?"

"You can tell what exactly the fuck you think you're doing with my best friend."

"Okaaaaaay. What do you mean?"

"Really? You don't know what I mean? You're engaged and you're chasing Arthit like you're not. Arthit has been through a lot. You were his therapist. You know this better than anybody. You may not be beating on him, but emotional abuse is just as bad, if not worse. The emotional scars last longer and are harder to heal."

"I'm not abusing him. I love Arthit."

"Bullshit! If you loved him, you would man up, cut the cord with your fiancé and stop stringing along my friend. If it wouldn't make Arthit angry, I would beat the shit out of you right now."

Kongpob sighed and leaned forward.

"I really do love Arthit and I am doing everything I can to make sure we can be together."

"Oh yeah? Like what."

"First of all, I broke up with my fiancé. She's no longer an issue. I'm now free to pursue Arthit as I please. I am going to make him mine and no one is going to come between us. Not even you Rome."

"Listen to me Kong. Listen to me well. If Arthit sheds one fucking tear over you, I am going to rain holy hell on you. I will break every bone in your body and fucking end you. Do you understand?"

"Well then I don't have to worry about that because I intend on loving him and making him happy as long as he will let me."

"We'll see. You just remember what I said."

"And what's that?" Arthit entered the office with a questioning look. He looked between his best friend and the man he loves. He could cut the tension with a knife.

"Nothing Arthit. I was just having a friendly talk with Kong here. Isn't that right Kong?"

"Yes. Just two people who love you learning to get along."

Kongpob stood and kissed Arthit.

"I'm sure there was more to that, but I'll let it go for now. What are doing here Kong? It's the middle of the day. Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I decided to surprise you. I want to take you to lunch and share some amazing news with you."

"Well Rome and I have some appointments this afternoon and I have a couple of arrangements that need to be completed by this weekend. I don't know if..."

"Don't worry Arthit. I'll take care of it. I can handle the appointments and one of the other guys can finish the arrangements. We have your notes for those two weddings. Go have some fun. You deserve it."

Rome hugged his friend, glaring over his shoulder at Kongpob.

Kongpob offered Rome a thin smile in return.