f i v e

song fits the vibe~

her feet dangle off the edge of her bed as she lays there

her feet dangle off the edge of her bed as she lays there. she had nothing to do but sit and stare, so that's what she did.

the girl never had a phone, for she couldn't afford one. her father could, if he wanted to, buy her one, pay for it monthly, and maybe even get her a dog, paying for everything along with the pet. but of course, he didn't think she deserved any of anything at all. he rarely even fed her. the girl used to sing on the street for money, not nearly making enough to get a phone, but she could get food for herself more often. she had a pleasing voice that dangles in your mind all night and trickles through like a slow stream. she always had quite the audience. she thought they were only giving out of sympathy for the sad girl singing love songs she clearly didn't relate to. but they truly enjoyed her performance, the way her foot tapped to the beat in her head that no one else could hear but the ones who knew the song, the way her nose scrunched when she hit the high notes, and the way her glorious lips moved, showing the words she had been singing.

the silence that once filled the room had now vanished for an instant, as she heard the front door to her house slam shut. she already could sense the trouble coming, as she listened to the commotion from the floor below her. he was stumbling around and knocking things over, and she could tell. the footsteps got louder and louder as they neared her bedroom door. she still hadn't moved from the spot on her comfortable bed. it hadn't seemed to faze her anymore, for she had been through it already many times before. his feet finally were met with the floor standing right in front of the door to where she was lying. his fist raised, then roughly banged against the wood creating an echoing sound in her bedroom. she hadn't got up from her bed, or even raised at all. she continued to lay there, staring at the ceiling.

"open the door, little girl!" he shouted through the alcohol he had drank. clearly drunk, he falls onto the door creating more noise.

"i said open up!" he spoke again, more muffled, and coming from the floor as he was now laying there. she could hear him stand up and he continued to bang on her door. she still sat there, silent. her door wasn't even locked. he didn't try to open it yet. but then he had, and the door opened. at least he won't have to pay for a new door, she thought. nights before he had broken down the door because she had locked it and him, being drunk and clueless to what he was doing, broke it down within a few seconds.
he walks in, fury in his eyes, for a reason unknown to the girl.

"you dirty little whore. i know what you've been up to. i heard the rumors, and i'm not surprised. you're walking around swaying your fucking ass to gain the boys attention, or girls for all i know! are you satisfied with all of your sins?!" he pulls her hair making her lungs forward, only for him to slap her across her left cheek. the slap left a red print on her face as her hand follows his to hold where it had hit. she wasn't stunned, or surprised. but it still hurt.

"are you satisfied?!" he repeats, his head shaking along with every word that left his dirty mouth.

"your mother didn't raise a sinner!" the ragged man shouts to his own daughter that he once loved dearly, and showed it.

"but you did," she mumbles. straight faced, she looks up to his dark, empty eyes. he could barely hear her sentence and wasn't sure he had heard it right. but he had, and slapped her once again, this time harder too.

"you don't talk back to me, young lady," his pointer finger reaches out in a demanding way, trying to intimidate her, but having no effect. the girl stood tall, unlike most nights. she held her ground and spoke again.

"i'm moving out,"

"and how are you going to do that?!"

"fucking move my ass away from yours, so maybe i can raise an actual family one day. and they'll have a real father, who isn't a sinner like you," she put emphasis into the few words that he he had previously said, mocking him. she poked his chest with every word she said, pushing him back. saying the last word she shoved him, making his drunk self fall to the floor. she grabbed her bags that she prepared a few hours prior, and walked out of her bedroom, down the stairs, through the kitchen and living room, and out the front door. she didn't look back once as she proudly sets her feet onto the sidewalk concrete. with her head held high and her feet swiftly moving, she imagined a life without her poor excuse of a father. the idea pleased her, and so would her new life.

a/n
so i thought i'd put in how she got to where she is now and a little more information of briars backstory so enjoy