f o u r t e e n

she had forgotten about the other phone calls that she recieved, but never answered as she was far too concerned about jill's death. the time finally came when she decided to call back sophia and boris, and so she did.

_____________________________________

"no. don't worry about it! i can tell boss that it was serious and i'm sure he'll let you off the hook. it was just one night anyways."

"i sure hope so... i can't afford to lose this job. i can barely pay rent as it is at the moment," she trembles with worry. lilian had completely forgot about her job, and she slept through her big shift the night before.

"you'll be okay, i swear i'll do as best i can. mr.eeds loves you anyways, so it shouldn't be too hard to talk him through it," sophia reassures the worried girl. "i'll call him up right now. talk later? i luh youu, bye!"

"i luh you too! thanks much," the call ends and lilian sighs heavily. she moves onto the next person whose calls she had missed: boris pavlikovsky.

__________________________________________

"i was just worried because you weren't at your regular shift. sorry if it was nothing, i just thought it was odd, you're normally never busy. no offence."

"none taken. i understand, and thanks a lot for caring. it makes me happy," lilian lightly smiles as she puts her clean dishes into her cupboards while her phone is set to speaker.

"well i am happy that i make you happy, but why weren't you there?"

lilian immediately frowns remembering what happened.

"well, i had an old friend named jill who was like the grandmother that i never had, and she passed away. i think it's my fault too... she had a heart attck when i was running over to say hi to her. i might've scared her or something, but i feel like absolute shit. i passed out and slept the entire day."

"oh, im so sorry, lilia. if i knew, i would not have brought it up," lilian could tell he felt horrible for asking.

"no it's ok, boris. there's no way you could've known. i can't blame you for asking, after all i really am never busy haha," she speaks with a small laugh.

boris admired that, even now, she could laugh. she never let something get her down for too long because life is far to short to wallow in your sadness. 

boris laughs slightly, along with her, "well, are you going to be there again tonight? are you feeling better for it?"

"i-i think i'll be there," she takes a seat at her breakfast bar, "but i can't promise it. i need to talk it through with my boss, i don't know if i'll even be able to work there at all anymore. sophia is talking to him right now."

"oh, i see. what are you going to do if you lose this job?" boris asks.

"at the moment, i have no idea, which is what worries me. i just don't know what i want to do."

"i understand that. i do not know what i want to do yet either. it is kind of scary to think about," he agrees with her statement as she can hear him sigh through the line.

suddenly, lilian hears a knock on her apartment door startling her.

"hold on, boris," she gets up from her bar stool and looks to the door, "can i talk to you later? someone's at my door."

"yeah of course! i hope you have a good day, get rest," boris ends the call as lilian walks over to the door. another light knock is heard right before lilian opens the door. sophia quickly walks into the house, shoving past lilian. 

"i'm really sorry! i tried as hard as i could, i really did! please forgive me, please, please!" sophia paces back and forth, "what are you gonna do now? now that i fucked everything up! it's all my fault... now you're not gonna be able to pay rent and then you'll have to move away from me and be all lonely again and, it's all my fault!"

"sophia calm down! what happened?"

"you've been fired..," sophia takes a seat on the small gray couch and puts her head in her hands. she then looks up to lilian, who is coming to sit next to sophia.

"hey, it's okay. i can figure something out. i won't be moving anytime soon. i can get a new job somewhere else."

"bu-but what about the pay? will you be making enough money?" she worries.

"i said i'll figure all that out, just not now. wanna take shots?" lilian smiles widely as she perks up.

"that's a horrible idea, its like 9:30am, but what the fuck? let's do it."

the two girls get up off of the couch and into the small kitchen. lilian reaches into a cupboard above the fridge and takes out a bottle of whiskey. then, she goes to the glass cupboard grabbing two shot glasses. sophia takes the whiskey out of lilian's hand and lilian sets the shot glasses onto the breakfast bar counter. sophia began pouring the shots, and they take them together wincing. lilian then grabs her speaker and starts blaring music while they dance and take more shots. 

after many shots, too many to count, both the girls were passed out. the time was 12:48pm, and neither of the girls had a shift to carry that night so they didn't care about being stable for the day. all of their worries were set for tomorrow, but in the moment, they were just two happy bitches doing dumb shit hoping their bodies can take it because they saw no sign of these habits stopping anytime soon.