s e v e n

lilian had been awake for nearly an hour already

lilian had been awake for nearly an hour already. she was a morning bird. boris was still lay asleep in her white sheeted bed as she made breakfast. she didn't know when he would wake, so she worried his food would be cold when he came down finally. she had a small microwave, but she knew food was always best fresh and not right out of a trash heater thing. lilian also loved to cook and bake. she would often make her own breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and even desserts. she was good at it too. today she made chocolate chip pancakes with berries. it was simple, yet delicious.

lilian sits there, awaiting her prince, scrolling through her brand new phone. surprisingly, she was making a lot of money nowadays. she worked at a cafe at noon til she had to get it on and fucking strip. she didn't hate stripping, but she certainly didn't love it. she loved attention, yet hated the harassment. there's no way to avoid it when you're half naked dancing on pole with men surrounding you. through her hard work, she made enough money for a decent house and a nice phone.

her lounging was interrupted with a loud knock on her front door. lilian stands from the chair she was seated in and walks to the door confused. through the window she saw a glimpse of a police car sitting next to her paved driveway. she pondered why they were here as she took the last step towards the door and opened it.

"hello. i'm looking for a lilian baden," the officer spoke respectfully but curious.

"that's me. how can i help you?" she intrigues.

"there has been a report from xander baden saying that you had ran away from home. is this true?"

"um, well yes, but.. how can he report me?! he's the one who abused me, and didn't let me do anything with any of my few friends for my whole life! i ran away for my own good! i shouldn't get in trouble for this. i can't." she spoke with so much emotion and determination. it startled the officer. he had no idea of what was going on, on her side of the story.

"well, i'm sorry ms. baden. i had no idea. we'll get onto the case as soon as possible. disregard," he nodded and left her front step, her closing the door as he left.

"so that's what happened." lilian turns to see boris' presence, standing at the top of her staircase. his arm was rested along the railing and his weight was held by the railing too as he was leaning onto it.

"oh, boris, uh, you're awake...," she stutters, nervously smiling.

"yeah, i'm up," boris holds his lips inside his mouth awkwardly.

"care to explain?" he continues.

"you already heard didn't you?" she makes her way to her kitchen and sits at her counter, resting her legs.

"well, yeah, but not really," he walked towards lilian. he took a seat himself next to her. he looks to her.

"can we talk about it some other time at least? i don't wanna start off my morning recapping the worst years of my life," lilian looks to him for a quick moment then averting her eyes again. he nods. boris understood why she didn't want to speak about it. she barely even knew him. it's been, what? two days? three days since they met? it felt like longer.

"are you happy now at least?" boris asks hesitantly, not completely expecting an answer.

"a lot happier actually. i've made quite a few friends and a decent living with the trashy jobs that i have," she genuinely smiles this time.

"i'm glad," boris concludes the conversation looking at her, a smile tugging at his chapped lips. she turns to look at him too. she was smiling as well.