•Eleven•

Another one.....

Àwèlé woke up screaming. A loud, drawn out scream that echoed all around her. She'd been screaming and thrashing under the water , and then , she had suddenly been transported to this....this... Where was this place? She had never seen or heard of a place like this before. It was very strange and deserted, but quiet in a peaceful way.
Everything in her line of sight was white, and blindingly so. There were no trees, no animals and no people. Only a vast space of continuous and monotonous white. Even the smooth sand underneath her feet was white. She tucked her knees close to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, trying to seek comfort from within. The last thing she remembered was.....
And then she began to cry, her mind running over what Adéoba had done to her, what he had taken from her, and how he had torn apart her love with Àdìo. Her cries grew louder when she thought about her family.
"Bàbá mi, please help me. I'm scared".
Loud thumps disrupted her thoughts, they sounded like beats of a drum, and they were coming from the direction she was facing, only a little further from where she sat. She stood and dusted her clothes, drying her tears as she began to walk towards the thumping sound , eager to know who was waiting.

"Or what", her subconscious whispered to her, causing her to halt in the process of taking another step. What if it was a wild animal waiting on the other side? Or ritualists? Or robbers?
She shook off her thoughts and continued walking. Whatever it was, she would find out soon.

•••• •••• •••• •••• •••• •••• •••• •••• •••• ••••

The sight before Àwèlé was astounding. People were walking in a single file towards a huge platform with a large drum placed on it. But what confused her was that they were dressed in white clothing while she was dressed in black. She rubbed the material with her hands as she stretched her neck, trying to see over the heads of the people on the queue. While she was busy with her perusal of the environs, a man had, unbeknownst to her, walked up and was standing beside her, patiently waiting for her to notice him.
When she did, he smiled at her and said " very confusing, isn't it?"
She turned to face him fully and answered."please, where am I. Is this heaven?"
"No"
Àwèlé gasped,"i-is this h-hell?"
The man chuckled, "No, you're not in hell or heaven."
"So, I am still alive?"
The man tilted his head and hmmed, "Not quite"
Àwèlé was growing frustrated by then, "then where, in God's name,  am I ?"
"Well, you are in-between. You are in the realm between Earth and the place where you'll spend eternity. You see, you come here before it is determined if you are going to hell or to heaven" the man exclaimed.
"How do I know where I'll be going?"
The man clasped his hands
"That is what I'll explain to you now. You don't belong anywhere."
"W-what?" Àwèlé exclaimed "I don't understand"
The man pointed to the people on the queue, "Those people belong here, that is why they are Wearing white. Their affairs have been settled, but yours haven't.  this is why you are dressed in black. "
"So where do I belong? And how do you know this?"
The man chuckled again. "Àwèlé, I know everything about the people who come here. I am Oníbodè, I supervise this place. And to answer your first question, you will return to earth, because that is where you belong. I do not know why, perhaps, olódùmarè has plans for you. Plus, there are people on earth who have not let you go".

Àwèlé gasped, relief and happiness filling her, "really?" She beamed, but her joy was dampened by thought of Adéoba. As if sensing her thoughts, Oníbodè placed his hand on her shoulder. "Do not worry, I can take you back to a place where he won't find you."  Àwèlé nodded at him, "yes, please. I want to go back to earth. By now, you must know that I'm going back to get revenge on that monster. "
Oníbodè smiled again. "Yes, I know. And I will give you the power to do so. If you cannot win in a physical battle, you will win in a spiritual one. Trust me"
Àwèlé smiled a menacing smile.
"Thank you Oníbodè, when I am through with that Adéoba, he'll wish he had finished me off completely."

"Sometimes,the bad guys win......
But never for long."
-kingh👑

Bàbá mi means my father.
Oníbodè means gatekeeper.

It's time,
It's time,
It's time,
For revenge! Mwahahaha☠
Double update! Yaaaay!!
Quick question, what would you do if you woke up in a place like the "in between?"
If you liked my double update,
Vote
Comment
Share.
And keep Àwèlé's revenge going.
Au revoir💋
- kingh