•Fifteen•

Hey y'all. Im finally free. My last paper is today 😜
💃 ( Partay afta partay ) , so I decided to update instead of reading. (Who geography epp ? 😜😜)
But, I just wanted to say, thanks for sticking with me this far. I luh you all. And merry Christmas to one and all.
Hugs and kisses.😎😎

With shaky hands and knees, Àwèlé lowered herself into a cane chair. This couldn't be happening! She couldn't be pregnant. But she was. Her period was weeks late and she'd felt weak for days. Coupled with the fact that Òsunyémisí had conducted a test that came out positive, she was pregnant without a doubt.
Òsunyémisí looked at the panicking girl with pity. " Do you, maybe remember a husband, or a ........lover?"
Àwèlé scoffed inwardly, she remembered a maniacal prince who took her virginity and tried to take her life. She would always remember him. He'd made sure of that.
She shook her head in negation and Òsunyémisí sighed. " Well, Olódùmarè has given you this child. Worry not, little one. We'll help you take care of it"
Àwèlé ground her teeth in anger. Would she ever be able to get out of Adéoba's evil clutches? Why would Olódùmarè give her a baby, to further bind her to that evil man? Well, what needed to be done would be done.
" I thank Olódùmarè for this baby", she began, " but he'd better fake it back. I don't need a baby, not now, not ever!"
Òsunyémisí was surprised at her hatred towards the baby. " But...."
" But nothing! I don't want it. And you can't make me!" Then she began to sob. Loud, drawn out sobs that seemed to come from within her.
A stunned Òsunyémisí could only stare with a gaping mouth. The young girl had gone from yelling to wailing within a split second. He moved over to her and awkwardly patted her on the back until her sobs dissipated into sniffles and the occasional hiccup.
" I don't want this baby. I don't." She sobbed, clinging to his clothes.
Òsunyémisí sighed and spoke in a firm tone. " Àbèbí, Olódùmarè has given you this baby, and you cannot reject the good works of the gods. No matter what happens, you have to promise me that you'll keep this baby."
When she nodded her head in defeat, he stood and went into his room. Leaving Àwèlé to think about what was next.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Deep in thought, Àwèlé did not notice that the winds had picked up and a man was approaching. Not until he laid a hand on her shoulder. jerked out of her reverie, Àwèlé hopped off her chair and whirled around to see who it was. Her jaw dropped at who she saw.
" Oníbodè! W-what are you doing here?"
The man, or whatever he was, smiled " I'm here with a message for you. Àwèlé,or should I say àbèbí? You cannot get rid of that baby. Has it hurt you, or has it wronged you in any way? Why take the sins of the father, out on the son?. Think about it Àwèlé, or you might regret it"
Àwèlé shuffled on her feet. " But what if i can't learn to love it?"
" Do not worry little one. The gods have given you more than this baby as a gift. Stretch forth your hand "
She did so with confusion clouding her features. Taking her hand, Oníbodè smiled a disarming smile. " You have been given a power like no other. What is left is for you to decide what to use it for, good or evil. " then he placed a soft kiss on her palm, then disappeared as if he'd never even been. The only sign that he'd been There was a mark on her palm. Right where he kissed her.

A/n: comment what you think Àwèlé's powers will be. Any ideas?
PS: thanks @ tranquilcodifier, for hounding me to update. You is dabest😜
If you liked this chapter,
Vote
Comment
And follow
Ódàbò,
-kingh👼👸