•chapter twenty six•

Happy Sunday 💋

No time to waste! Onto the chapter!?

Adéoba shuffled backwards, bumping into the platform behind him. Àwèlé laughed,
"I never thought I'd see the day Adéoba would show fear, hm, but times are changing aren't they?"

"What are you looking for, you ghost! A living being has no dealings with the dead. Be gone!"

Àwèlé threw her head back and laughed. I do not know if I am a ghost or not, but what I do know is that you, Adeoba, will not be a ' living being ' for long."
  She walked towards him, pushing off of the door she had been leaning on before.
" How does it feel Adéoba. To have someone ruin what you thought you had, it doesn't feel nice, does it? "

"Àwèlé, I'm sorry for what I did. I truly regret it."

" Do you now? Well I don't care. You claimed to love me, but you took my innocence, and then you tried to kill me, is that love?, Adéoba, sofun mi" tell me.
Adéoba hung his head and shook it. Suddenly, as if a thought crossed his mind, his head shot up and he smiled.
" But You are not dead, Àwèlé, my love, Olódùmarè brought you back to me, we can still be together, and we can be a real family."

Àwèlé laughed so hard ,tears fell from her eyes.
" You must be joking. Either that, or you are really insane. Ejó re kó, èmi Ni mo n bá e sòrò radá ràda" it is not your fault, I'm the one discussing nonsense with you.
She raised her hand and pointed it towards Adéoba. He moved farther away. " What are you doing? Àwèlé
As Àwèlé was getting ready to do what she came to do, a gust of wind blew into the room, when it settled, Oníbodè was in the room with them. The spirit  ignored Adéoba's scream of fright and turned to Àwèlé.
"Àwèlé, do not do this. The gods frown upon it! "
But  Àwèlé was too far gone. " No! Gbogbo yín e fimí sí lè" leave me alone, all of you!
"If you do this, Àwèlé, the gods will turn their backs on you! He has suffered enough! Leave him be!"

Àwèlé sobbed, and her hands shook. "No! You have no right to tell me what to do! He raped me! He took everything from me! I cannot leave him, because he has not suffered enough"
"Think of your son Àwèlé, if he hadn't done what he did, you would not have the little boy" Adéoba's brows were furrowed
"we have a son?"
"Leave Àdìo out of this!" She turned to Adéoba " and you! Shut up! You don't deserve to speak! You don't even deserve to live!  And You don't have a son"
"Go Oníbodè, my mind is made up. Consequences be dammed"
Oníbodè nodded grimly, and with a woosh of air, he was gone.
Àwèlé began to tighten Adéoba's airway like she'd done to  Alade after the rebels' meeting. She watched as he clawed at his throat just to get some air, his body shuddering with the need to take a breath but the inability to do so. Finally, as his eyes rolled back into his head, and his body became still, she released him and turned away. The deed had been done, it was over, so why did she feel so empty inside, where was the joy she thought she would feel. She walked over to the discarded crown and placed it in hands, so that the guards would think he had committed suicide by looking into the crown.
Then she walked out of the room.

Hours after, she heard the funeral drums from where she was, the people were announcing the death of their king. And the village was filled with the chant
"Obá ti wàjà" the king is dead.

Phew! So many words, and so many exclamation marks?
If you were ? Àwèlé, would you have killed Adéoba,even after Oníbodè's warning?
Do you think ? Àwèlé should have let Adéoba live?
Share your thoughts with me guys?
If you think this is the end, think again. We still have like some chapters left. More drama to come.
Who felt bad for Adéoba in the last chapter? Cos I didn't

Ok, random question: what's a weird fact about you?
Mine is: if I don't like a particular food ( e.g wheat or macaroni) it might become physically impossible to swallow it. I'll just spend like two minutes choking on a bite?
Vote
Comment
Follow
And share guys.
God bless
-kingh💋👑