•Chapter twenty nine•

Hey everyone, very sorry to be doing this, but I will not be able to post all my chapters today, as I am not satisfied with the ending yet, and I want to make some adjustments and fill some plot holes. So, PLEASE bear with me as I post chapter twenty nine. Very sorry, je suis desole, Dalu, Ema binú, .
Thanks.

Omololá was rubbing her hands on Àdìo's hair when Àwèlé appeared at her hideout.
Àdìo tried to run to his mother, but Omololá pulled him back with an evil grin on her face.
"Not just yet, little one. Your mother and I have some scores to settle." Àdìo glared at her with his fists clenched tight.
"When my mother is done with you, you'll be sorry"
The former queen threw her head back and laughed. "Well, let's see what your mother has to say". Then she pulled him close to herself and drew a knife out of her skirt.
"Don't do this!"Àwèlé yelled as Omololá placed the knife against  Àdìo's neck. "This is between you and I ! He's just a child! He knows nothing"

"Shut up ,you tramp! You don't get to talk. Why? Why must you always get what I want? Why?."

Àwèlé yelped as Omololá's hand moved too close to Àdìo's throat. Drawing blood.
"Answer me!. You've always had it all! Everyone loves you, everyone is always talking about you. Awèlé this, ? Àwèlé that, even when we all thought you were dead"
Throughout Omololá's rants, Àwèlé kept quiet, it would be a very bad idea to rile her up any further.
"You think you're so special, huh? Kí lo ní t'énì kan ò ní rí ?" What attributes do you posses that no one has had before?
"Just, give my son to me, and I will leave and never come back. I promise you"Àwèlé raised pleading hands.
"Let me think about this well, you want me to let the only heir that Adéoba has, go just like that? You want me to let the woman who killed my husband go, just like that? Láí láí. You have taken from me, now it's time for me to take from you ."
Àwèlé was saw Àdìo smile just seconds before Omololá drew her knife across his throat. Slitting it like that of a chicken. She stood rooted to a spot for some seconds before a long,  keening wail ripped out of her throat. She clutched her chest and sunk to the ground, crawling to Àdìo and grasping his shoulders.
"Please "was all she could say, " please please please" 
Omololá decided to take her chance while Àwèlé was distracted. She leapt at Àwèlé, knife clutched tightly with both hands. But as she brought down the knife, Àwèlé suddenly raised her hand and caught in with her palm. And even though she was bleeding, she did not let the knife go. With her other hand, she clutched Omololá's throat and began to squeeze. Shaking with the amount of anger in her, she spoke to Omololá in halting sentences.
"I...... begged you!......told you .. that..we'd leave , but you did what you wanted anyways. You killed my son! Mo dè be o" and I begged you.
Omololá was chocking and squirming, trying desperately to pull the knife from Àwèlé's hand, but the hand around her throat grew tighter and tighter. Untill her vision began to fade.
"Even ....if y-you .....kill mee... I have won" Omololá managed to say before she took her last breath and went limp in  Àwèlé's grasp.
Àwèlé blinked to clear the tears from her eyes, but they kept coming. She knelt down beside Àdìo's body and laid her hands on him.
Nothing.
Nothing happened, no light from her hands, no stirring from her little boy. Àwèlé wiped her hands on her ìró. Maybe her sweat was getting in the way. Still nothing. The tears had begun again in earnest. Why wasn't it working? She lifted Àdìo's body and held him to her chest, rocking him from side to side.
In the midst of her sobbing, a hand was placed oh her shoulder, it was Oníbodè.
Àwèlé turned tear filled eyes to him. "Help me please, it's not working , please help me wake him up! I beg of you!"
Oníbodè shook his head, " the gods have taken back their gifts, you were warned, Àwèlé . Yet you still took another life."
Àwèlé was shaking her head with her hands over her ears. " Please bring him back. I'll do anything! Please!"
Oníbodè cleaned the tears streaming down her face.
"Don't cry Àwèlé, perhaps there is something we can do"
"What  can we do?" Came the tearfull reply.
"We visit the gods"

Chapter twenty nine is done. And my birthday has come!!!!! 😎👸🎉🎁
Sorry to leave you guys hanging again, 😔
Who else feels sad that Àwèlé couldn't heal the most important person to her?
Maybe the gods can do  something, maybe not.
Continue to find out😋
Remember to vote and comment.
Luv
-kingh👸