Chapter 11 - Mik (Part 1)

Jez's seventeenth birthday was shortly after her "lessons" began. How she knew the things she did, he didn't know and was afraid to ask. His father always hit him when he asked stupid questions. She taught him everything. How to kiss. How their sexual organs worked. How to stimulate each other. She touched him in ways he'd never been touched before and asked if it felt good.

'Do you want more?'

Always checking to make sure he felt good and he mirrored her, asking if he was stimulating her correctly and if she wanted more.

When it was her seventeenth birthday and he was between her legs, she asked for a present.

'What do you want?' Looking up from her mound, he saw her staring back at him between her twin peaks with flushed cheeks, dilated eyes, and the sweetest smell rising off her flesh. Sweeter than honey.

She beckoned him up and he crawled between her legs, kissing her stomach, ribs, and breasts as he went. He met her lips and she pushed him over and straddled him.

He didn't understand what she was doing, but he liked the friction generating between their bodies.

She nipped lightly at his ear. 'I want to be your first.'

She rolled back on her knees and the most amazing sensation enveloped him and it only got better with the bucking of her hips.

This female's appetite increased tenfold after that. Every time their parents went off to fuck or hunt, she was on him and he was more than happy to comply. Wolf form or human form, it didn't matter, but he enjoyed human form more. The sensations were more pleasurable and explosive. Wolf form was good for a quick fuck when their parents went out to fuck and would return fifteen or thirty minutes later and didn't have as much time to wash their scents off each other in the creek.

As time wore on, Mik cared about Jez. He never cared about anyone. Everyone who he vaguely remembered in his childhood was dead or stayed in the pack—turning their backs on him and his father and submitting to Noodin. Good wolves didn't exist. They just used each other for their own means or their own gain.

He knew that. He knew that and yet he still found himself caring for Jez, falling in love with her.

Then she found her mate.

No hesitation. She was gone and never looked back.

Fuck... That hurt.

Mara wanted to follow her, but his father sank his canines into her shoulder and held her back.

Jez's new pack ordered them to leave their boundaries or they'd attack. His father urged them to move on with Mara whining and whimpering for miles.

His father's aggression kicked in then. Mara was no longer in the mood to fuck and fought against him, wanting to turn back and beg her daughter's pack to let her in. He was always forced to put her in her place.

Mik often felt pity for her, but with his own broken heart, he turned away.

Soon, a sullenness overtook her and she submitted to his father's every command, the fight effectively beaten out of her. She dragged her paws across the terrain, kept her head low, and curled up away from his father to sleep instead of by his side.

Mik was kicked out of his own pity-party a week after Jez left them. It was time for him to learn how to hunt, and Mara wasn't holding up her end of the deal.

Hunting kept his mind off Jez a little at first, and when Mara bolted for the cliffs, they headed up north.

Like his father, Mik eventually found a few fuck-buddies—all more experienced females five to ten years older than him. He never allowed himself to get emotionally attached again. He had set his sights on helping his father reclaim his pack and territory—until Noodin killed him.

At the age of seventeen, he knew he had to avenge his father and reclaim his birthright. He also needed to find his mate, his luna, to lead at his side.

He trained as he searched north and south, east and west for her once he turned eighteen, fucking bitches along the way to take the edge off.

He hadn't thought much of Jez and Mara since then. Not until now.

"You sure you don't want to talk about it?" Sam asked, pulling Mik from his reflections. "You can talk to me about anything, okay? Talking helps."

"I'm fine." Mik washed his lunch down with water.

"Okay..." Sam pulled away from his shoulder reluctantly.

"What else you want to know about being rogue?" Mik asked, trying to get the memories of Mara and Jez out of his mind.

Sam shrugged. He seemed to be digesting this information still. Not that Mik could blame him. Sam was a soft male.

But strong enough to leave behind shitty parents, a voice in the back of his mind reminded him.

Mik suppressed a growl with that thought. His father was far from perfect but he did try to provide for him and taught him everything he needed to know to survive. The rest, he figured out as he grew.

"It wasn't so bad as an adult," Mik said. "But it sucked as a pup unable to shift. My father refused to leave me behind and be raised by a stranger. Noodin killed most of my relatives, you know. The ones who refused to submit."

Sam's teeth raked over his bottom lip. "I don't believe that."

"Believe it," Mik stated. "It's the way of every alpha taking over another pack. They kill anyone who won't submit. Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest. Being rogue is the same way. Only the strongest survive."

Sam grimaced and looked away, chewing on his bottom lip as he chewed on his thoughts. He rose a minute later and gathered their dirty dishes. "I guess, all alphas must show their strength in order to keep everyone in place, huh?"

"Absolutely." Now, the male was getting the idea.

His hero had to kill to be on top. That was the way things had to be.

"Doesn't mean I have to like it," Sam said before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

Huh. So his mate had a stubborn side too?

At least Mik could knock off some points for Sam's idolization of Noodin.

Then Mik would become his alpha.

But would Sam willingly follow him if Mik chose another as his luna?

----

Dedicated to HeartStone Packmate: ChristyCooper133 

Copyright Jo Lee Hunt ( Joflower ) 2019