Epilogue

Sam became a certified nurse of the pack the following spring. He not only helped to bring Luna's pup into the world last spring but his best friend Cameron's pup too.

They held onto hope for a pup to become available for adoption from someone in the pack, but it wasn't to be. Pups were treasured and there hadn't been any family deaths to leave any orphans behind.

They were still hopeful and knew that it would take time, so they waited patiently.

In the meantime, they attended weekly couples counseling and Mik also went in for twice-weekly private sessions to work through the issues of his past. Mik also delved into woodworking and not only made a new bed for them but helped to build a cabin just for them. No more living in the guest house—they had their own now.

Sam covered his eyes as Mik led him into their new home with Alpha, Luna, and their pups, along with Cameron, his mate Olivia, and their pups trailing behind in the doorway to see their new home.

Standing in the middle of the living room, Mik told Sam to open his eyes.

Opening them, Sam gasped in awe, tearing up at the homey cottage-decor and rustic furnishings that Mik designed with the carpenter's and Clement's help.

"Oh my gosh!" Sam whispered in awe, a hand lifting to his mouth as his eyes, wide and shining, took in every nook and cranny. "Oh my gosh!"

It was open-concept with a loft overhead and a cold room, storage room, safe room, and a soundproofed "fun room" just for the two of them in the basement. The loft had their bedroom to one side and a guest room—or baby's room if they found one—on the other. The structure was made entirely of wood, the beams supporting the loft were carved by Mik's hand with intricate nature designs and wolves. A gourmet kitchen was under the loft, so all the hot air from the stove would rise up to warm it. The furniture had all been made by Mik with Clement's help and guidance with hardwood flooring and thick carpets under the furniture to cushion their feet.

"Do you like it?" Mik asked, whispering in Sam's ear. A smug grin tugged on his lips as he watched Sam take it all in.

"I love it!" Sam wrapped his arms around Mik and planted a kiss on the lips before rushing forward to see everything close-up.

Their friends stepped inside, expressing their approval as they slipped out of their shoes and followed Sam as he explored the house.

"You did good," Alpha commented, standing next to Mik. He'd overseen much of the construction and seemed impressed with the final product.

"Thank you, Alpha." Mik couldn't help puffing his chest out in pride.

"I think this career path was a good choice for you. And to think, it all started with destroying a table in your rage."

"It all started with Sam." Everything started with Sam. He owed that male everything and he had the rest of his life to express it to him.

Alpha smirked. "True. He was too stubborn to give up on you. Bless him for that."

"All of this is for him." His labor of love. "I can't give him a pup, but I can give us a home."

"About that..." Alpha prompted, lowering his voice. "I'm afraid that the odds of you two being able to find a pup to adopt will be nearly impossible."

Mik's heart fell. While he feared the odds were against them, he knew Noodin was right.

"Might I suggest another option?" Alpha continued.

Mik's ears perked up. "Like what?"

"Surrogacy."

While Mik's vocabulary had improved with his reading, he still only had a fifth-grade reading level. "What's that?"