12. Falling

ALARMS, especially Monday ones. The Alarm would become my number one enemy. Silencing it, I shoved the blankets away heading to the toilet. Jimin called me yesterday telling me that I had to go to work to do some stuff. I finished everything in exactly 15 mins, I always set timer so that me and Jimin can see who's faster. Well I have done better in the past, but due to my current life, I became a sloth. I put on a beige coat since it was cold and a pair of jeans, with a black lace up high heels boots that Jimin bought me last year but wasn't able to wear it.

 Taehyung was already up, eating, wen I headed down with Lana in the kitchen ,"Come on honey the tea is still hot", Lana ordered when she saw me. But the table was missing Jin, I haven't seen him since that day and I kind of feel guilty of what happened, I only had few people in my life so growing apart from one of them was definitely not on my list .

Sitting down, Lana poured me a cup of tea, "When are you coming back?", she asked, Taehyung sat just like yesterday, across me, but I kept my gaze off him busying myself with the food in front of me. I'm not in an enviable position.

"I don't know , I'll be back when I'm done", I answered sipping my tea.

"Don't comeback alone, it will rain today ", it was an order.

"It's fine I can come back alone", I assured, why does everyone treat me like a baby?

"No", she objected, "Why come alone when there's someone who can drive you?", she looked at Taehyung blasting him a smile, "Hope we're not bothering you".

I chocked. Couldn't Jimin have given me this task yesterday? When I was a nice person with Taehyung? Or couldn't I have been-not-a-jerk to Taehyung last night and postpone what I've said till this night so that when I'm in the car with him I don't feel awkward as hell? Deciding to not make a deal out of it, I had to accept the ride, she saw us talking normally last night, so better not make a fuss.

I shouldn't think like that, I didn't do anything wrong. I just said that I didn't want to be friends with him, and I'm not saying that my words were sweat coming out, but he's not  kid, and it's not that we had a long friendship that I ended. Everyone is fine no damage? Then we're all good. I played Flow Free  the whole ride. I could sense the tension, especially that no matter how hard I'm forcing myself to normalize all of what went on yesterday, his whisper "Not only with animals" kept on echoing in my mind. And whenever it came my heart would skip a beat. But shame on me,  a married woman thinking like that. I'm so pathetic that such a sentence would  stay in my mind for this long. He might have meant something positive, and on the other hand I was overanalyzing his words.   

We finally arrived to the company , and I headed to Jimin's office where I found - surprisingly - Jin there, "Good morning", he stood up to greet me.

I nodded at him muttering a, "Good morning", before giving him my back to sit in front of him waiting for Taehyung to come. He didn't bother to talk to me. 

As Taehyung seated himself beside me, the work started. And it ended in the same way, nothing out of the line, I guess my words yesterday made it clear that I didn't want any kind of friendship with him. It really ached my heart to turn away two people who were northing but  friendly to me. 

After we finished our work, Taehyung and I left , when the car arrived to the street, the rain was pouring like crazy, the wipers went full speed but still weren't able to catch up. Rain hitting the car had the impact of stones . The traffic was insane due to that, it was an actual advantage so people would drive slowly since the view was no where to be clear.

Jimin's and Jin's cars were in the house's garage, Taehyung parked his car outside, and the funny thing is that I didn't have an umbrella. I'll be sick for a week, that's for sure . I opened the door to get out but Taehyung held my hand, "I'll give you my coat to cover yourself", he started taking it off.