19. Puppet

My head was sent to the other side, I froze. The slap, and Mrs. Gob's gasp, were well rhymed. His slap didn't hurt. I was used to it. It was my pride that hurt.

"What did I say about talking back to me?", he warned taking a step towards me.

"I'm sorry", I muttered the first thing that came into mind. If I talk more, I'd either get another slap or an endless argument that'd result in me being slapped. I guess I'm satisfied with the amount I have had for the day.

Jimin sighed still close, he put his hand on his hip and the other was up moving with his words, "I've warned you", I wasn't looking at him, the tears in my eyes made too blurry for me to see. "Don't make me do this everytime Evelyn, I don't mind doing it at all". Leaving me he headed towards the living room.

As I heard him getting away, I collapsed into the ground griefing myself, crying my heart out. This wasn't a life. It was a routine. I got bored of this routine. I wanted to escape it! I can't take it anymore.

Feeling a hand carrasing my hair, and pulling me towards a warm subject, I head Mrs. GOB'S KISSES ON MY HEAD. "don't worry honey it's all right, fights happens between couples all the time", she said with a soothing voice , "you shouldn't be sad, it's fine , you can talk to him later about it, you know he's been so busy the last week and maybe he's done this out of stress", I gave her a small smile which she returned, "I'm sorry it was my fault", she said.

Looking at her through my blurred eyes I smiled weakly, "No it's not", her face looked like she really regreted that. She felt like it was her fault when it wasn't it ached my heart, she really cared for me."He's been snapping alot the last few days, so I wasn't surprised", I placed my hand on top of hers smiling abit. "Plus it was me who infuriated him with my words".

Wiping my tears away with my hand, even if my ego was hurt I couldn't show how hurt I was for her sake so that she won't blame her self anymore. I tried to show her that it was fine. That I didn't really mind what had just happened .

She helped me stand up, I washed my face and sat on one of the kitchen counters, "How about when you finish the dishes you make us a smoothie?", I said in a cheery tone making her smile and nodding in acceptance in response.

After she was done with her work, she made some smoothie for the both of us, and we both sat chatting about random stuff, trying my best to convert her and my attention towards something else. Which I was sure, she was thinking about doing the same.

We sat for about two hours before Jimin called her to make some coffee since  one of his workers has came. With that I decided to go to that one place that had sculptured itself to fit my curves. It was my lovely bed.

Without a phone, I had now less options, either books or TV. Deciding that I should complete my story "Mendacity", I sank into reading aiming to finish it this night.

A few hours later Jimin came into the room, studied me carefully before crooking an eyebrow up and looking at me with a confused look. "What are you doing here?", he asked.

"Reading a book", I tried not to scoff at his absurd question. I was holding a book, what would I be doing with it? Walking my dog?

"Come sit with me", he ordered firmly.

Truth to be told, I didn't want to sit with him, I didn't want to be any close to him, being close to him, meant fights and insults. Not to mention his very new edgy mood, he's been so edgy since he came back from his flight.And I knew he was afraid I'd do anything bad to the baby, that's why he was trying his very best to keep an eye on me all of the time. And when he wasn't home, he'd assign Mrs. Gobs.

Letting him win this as always, I didn't want to argue, I took my book and went to the living room as he followed me silently. Not knowing why would he want me to sit with him, or why he was insisting upon it.

His work was on the largest couch that had the table infront of it. He had his own office in the house,  but I guess he liked sitting in here more.

I was deciding  to sit on the facing couch to be far from him the best, when his voice rang from behind, "Sit beside me", before I even dared to move towards anywhere.

I nodded. Sighing inwardly, he was getting to irritate me,his actions are becoming intolerable more than usual. He's now focusing on the so much small details. He was suffocating me.

Sitting beside his things, I opened my book trying to contain all of that in. It was just too much for me to handle. His actions, his words, his everything, grew to irritate me, and at this instant, I think something snatched what I held from love to Jimin and threw it away. Since the day he came back, I was feeling something about about him. I can't explain my feelings but I can say one thing clearly, I wanted him out of the house, away from me, working, traveling anything that would make him become distant. Being at such a proximity with him meant that he'll always be bugging me.

Jimin was making a huge effort in making us more distant. What if he was doing that on purpose? What if he doesn't love me anymore? The thought of that ached my heart. Even though I've became far from his emotions, but thinking that I wasn't meeting his standards anymore  saddened me.

Jimin was already sitting on the couch his gaze fixating on the screen. His lips was red and plump as usual, hard jaw that I've always traced my hand through, and his black messy hair that I've always adored. In the past years I've always liked to look at Jimin while working, it was an amusing sight for me. But now, it was just different.

Deciding to refocus on my book MENDACITY , I was so into historical fictions, even though the story was written for a future settings, yet the atmosphere was so historical which made me be so engrossed with it.

"Evelyn", Jimin suddenly said after long silence lasting for not less than 2 hours,"Let's go to bed". He stated. Which took me back abit. What?

I haven't seen that he has already finished gathering his stuff, maybe I was too immersed in the story to notice. "Okay", I hesitated before standing up and heading infront of him to the bedroom.

Sitting in my previous position, I reopened the book to continue from where Jimin had stopped me. But that didn't last as his hand was extended infront of me, closing the book, he placed it beside his bed side, "Sleep", he ordered like I was a 5 years old.

No matter how much Jimin was bad to me, he never asked me to sleep at a specific time, this was strange coming out of him, "Why?", I asked confused, I wasn't arguing, just wondering. It was new of him.

"It's already 12,when are you planning on sleeping?", he asked irritated.

I couldn't understand his point, why is he now caring for the time I'd go sleep at? "When I get tired?", I was answering a ridiculous question. When would a person sleep? What is he thinking?

"No you're going to sleep now, come on", he started pulling me towards the mattress.

Trying to get loose of his hand I argued this time, "But Jimin I have slept the whole day, I can't sleep now".

Seeing him closing his eyes to take a very long breathe and release it ,his grip tightened as he looked back at me with fuming eyes, "Listen carefully, this baby, is going to be brought my way", he emphasized at the last two words, "and till then, you're going to do and take care of yourself in my way", he emphasized on "my way" ,"so let's keep the night quiet, and get to sleep". The last command came with the sudden push which held massive power.

I was more like yanked to my pillow, facing the wall and giving him my back, he did the same. Feeling the lump in my throat, it was sucking at my breathe, and I found difficulty in breathing. He was literally controlling my whole life. I was acting  according to the movement of his fingers.

I was his puppet that he controlled with strings, moving the way he was directing me to, making my decisions and choosing my likings. I was not Evelyn Jimin's wife at this point. A puppet, that can breathe.

_____

SORRY FOR MISTAKES