13. Accusation

"Evelyn? Baby you're finally awake? How are you?", a concerned Jimin started compiling his questions. And I kinda enjoyed that, the attention that he gives me SOMETIMES feels so good. At least he does care about me.

"I'm fine just abit tired", I comforted him, it was only stinging pain nothing serious. I might be numb from the sleep I got.

"The doctors already said that but I had to hear it from you", again, that's how he was, he never acted liked he cared, he did care and I'm sure he caused everyone a headache from the times he had called them.

"Just some pain it'll go", I tried to make my voice stable to add up to my act. I fumbled to find the button that can rise my back up to sitting position, the bed slowly went up going easy on my back.

"Evelyn", Jimin's tone suddenly turned serious.

"Yes?"

"How did you exactly slip?", 'here we go', I thought, I knew he'd say that. He'd think I did it on purpose.

"It was raining and I was running without an umbrella", saying it out loud made gave me a feeling of guilt. It does show how irresponsible I am, even if I weren't pregnant, let alone being responsible for someone else's soul.

"Where was yours", his interrogation started, and I can tell by his grimming tone that he was stern.

"I forgot it at work", is what came to my mind at first. I'm just lying to save myself.

"And why didn't you take Jin's?", I raised a brow at his question , what does Jin have to do with this? And then it hit me, he has definitely asked Jin to drive me to work with him. So no one told him about Jin not being home. I'm kinda relieved for that. Another dodge.

I decided on telling the whole story but with character change, in that case I won't have to lie and come up with new scenes, "He didn't have one either, he wanted to give me his coat, but I didn't take it because he'd get sick, so I just sprinted out holding my purse to shield my head, but my heels slipped and-" ,

"Heels?", he paused, "You're running in the rain? You're wearing heels?", his voice started to rise , "Did you do this on purpose?", his voice was stern, clear of any emotion.

"Jimin I di-", I wasn't allowed to complete my sentence or even defend myself.

"You're pethatic", he spat, I could see his angry form in front of me, "Just waited for my back to be turned to do this? You're such a disgrace", Jimin had his way with words. When he's angry at someone, he'd say his words in a contemptuous and demeaning tone, able to force a rock to shiver.

Feeling my tears well in my eyes, he was talking to me in a very hard tone, and it wasn't even my intention, it wasn't on purpose yet he was accusing me , "I swear to God Jimin, I didn't do this on purpose! Why would I hurt myself?", even though I truly didn't want the baby, and that I've said it out loud and I said I wanted to abort the baby. But this? I didn't plan on doing this.

"After all what you have said and done, I can predict anything from you, but this will never go your way! Mark my words Evelyn", he hung up.

Throwing the phone to the wall, I brought my hands to my face to start weeping, he was out of control! He assumed whatever he want did whatever he want, always diverted everything to his way, blaming me. And this time his point of view made sense, all the evidences condemned me, and I hated it.

I was helpless, my mind wasn't healthy, neither my body, nor my life. I was a mess, that I might never get out of. I was crying for the future me, and how pethatic I was, he was right, I was pethatic cause I wasn't able to do anything to help myself. I let myself to weep for all of this, crying wasn't a sin, it just helps people to let go off some stuff, especially when they can do nothing about these stuff.