Meow!

After school Wally headed straight home.
"Selina!" He yelled, running to the kitchen where she was.
"Yes, my kitten?" She purred, petting his hair out of his eyes.
"School was awesome! I made tons of new friends! I actually won at dodge ball. Nobody beat me or told me to do their homework. Teachers love me!" He continued on and on, Selina listening to every word with a smile. That was until his phone went off. 

He didn't bother checking the caller ID before picking up.
"Hello?"
"Dude!" Yelled Robin, "training. With Martian Manhunter!"
"Shoot! I'll be there soon!" He exclaimed, hanging up without even saying a goodbye.

He turned to Selina, "That was Rob. I forgot that we had training after school with Martian Manhunter."
"Hmm, ok Kitten. Will you be back home later tonight?" She asked while pecking his cheek and walking him to the door.
"I don't think we have any missions so yea," he smiled pecking her cheek and walking out the door, "bye mom!"
He shut the door behind him and froze.
'Did I really just say that to her face?' He shook his head to clear those thoughts before running to the mountain.

~~~~~~~

Recognize:KidFlashB03
"It's about time Baywatch," smirked Artemis.
"Shut it Blondie," he smiled back before standing in line beside Robin.
He looks ahead and notices all of their mentors were there.
"What's going on?" He asked with a bit of hesitation.

"It's nothing like the failsafe Kid," consoled Flash, sensing his prodigies fear.
"We are going to be testing how strong your mental state of mind is separately." Starts Martian Manhunter.
"There will be two parts. The first part you all will think of a number and Martian Manhunter will go into your mind and "hunt" for it." Finished Batman.
"Do not worry. I will not go through your personal thoughts or memories." He amended.

"The second part you all will face your greatest fear..." Superman explains.
A collective of gasps ran through the team, some looking a bit queasy.
"D-do we have to?" surprisingly Robin asked.
Batman glanced over, seeming to feel sorry for the boy. "Yes, but.. We will only monitor your reaction and heart rate. The only person who will see said fear is Martian Manhunter. You must overcome your fear. Is that clear?"

"What if we don't want anyone seeing our fears?" Wally spoke up, shocking the team a bit.
"Are you, 'The Wallman', admitting he's scared?" Questioned Artemis with air quotes around his name.
"Everyone's scared of something," he mumbled under his breath so out of character that some had to do a double take.
Was this really their Kid Flash?

"We will start at the end near Aqualad, finishing with Kid Flash," spoke Batman, glancing at both Robin's and Kid Flash's face.
"Aqualad please sit over here while Black Canary hooks you up to the monitors." Calmly spoke J'onn, sensing the two boys turmoil.
"Of course," he said with fake confidence, that the team was forever grateful for.

He sits down and Black Canary started hooking him up.
The remaining league went over to their prodigies.
Batman walked over to Robin, wrapping him up in his cape, the others avoiding the public display.
"Do-do I have to t-tati. I'm not ready," he uncharacteristically sniffed.

"I know, re-watching your parents-" "it won't just be them... I'm scared you'll all leave. You'll all fall." Robin whispered, hugging Batman tightly.
Batman had nothing to say and just wrapped his cape tighter around the small boy.
Should he let his prodigy go through all that again and some?

Back with Kid Flash he was on the verge of a panic attack.
"Kid? Kid!? Hey! Breath. Kid, just breath. It's ok. Everything's ok." Flash soothed, wrapping Wally in a hug.
"No, no. It's not!" His lips quivered, on the verge of a breakdown.
"Shh. Hey, everything will be ok... Shh, calm down Wally. I'm here."
Wally hiccuped, "I-I don't want to Uncle Barry. Don't make me."
Barry stood there, hugging his nephew who he saw as a son.