Just a Friend: Part 2

Nearly an hour later Wally walked out from the back of the barbershop.
The group looks up and instantly starts catcalling him.
Jaxon even adding a wolf howl.
His hair was now trimmed down on the sides, the top sticking up in its usual windswept way. Black streaks running all through it.

He laughs while messing with his hair. "It's not much.. No need to do that.."
They walk up to the front counter, "how much, my good man?" Jaxon exclaimed.
Joe chuckles, "for you lot... On the house!"
They all cheered and thanked him, before walking out of the store.

Hours have passed, so the sun was starting to set.
Gotham at night was dangerous, causing a shiver to go down Wally's spine.
He glances left and right, noticing the people creeping in the alleys. His arms instinctively wrapping around themselves.
Isaac instantly noticed, wrapping his arm around Wally and pulling him flush against his side.
He'll deny the squeak that came out of his mouth.

He leans close to his ear, "are you ok?"
A shiver goes down Wally's spine once more, but this time for a completely different reason.
He looks up, green meeting green. Wally took notice that they weren't the light grass green like his. But a dark swampy green, sometimes turning a bit gray.
It suited him.
"I-I'm fine now," he stuttered out, wrapping his arms around Isaac's torso.

They didn't notice the angry blonde walking around the corner. But they did notice when both Isaac and Wally went falling.
Willow and Nicole went to help Wally and Isaac while Jaxon went to help the blonde.
"Woah Mamacita!" Jaxon exclaimed, "why do you look so angry?"
"None of your business and watch where you're going!" She brushes off imaginary dirt before looking up, eyes instantly locking on the male redhead who was staring right back.
But with fear.

"W-Wally?" She took a step towards him, while he took a step back, flinching in the process. "Wally," she spoke in a calming voice, raising her hands in a way of showing she won't hurt him.
She notices the blonde male wrap his arm around his waist pulling him to his side, while the others seem to form a protective circle around him.

She took a deep breath before walking forward again, cheering in her head when he didn't step back and the others didn't get in her way.
Tears tugged at her eyes, as she stepped right in front of him.
"Wally," she whispered, before tugging him forward. Crashing her face in his chest while crying.

He stood there frozen, before slowly wrapping his arms around her. Letting her cry in his chest, while a few tears fell from his eyes too.
"Y-your crying? W-why are y-you crying?" He choked out.
She looks up at him shocked, taking notice of the now height difference. 
"Why wouldn't I be crying?!" She screeched, letting go in the process.

"You've been missing for a little over a month! Ba-Bruce hasn't quit looking, nor has Barry! Your uncle! Dick doesn't sleep or eat anymore! He's to busy worrying and looking for you. We know what happened to your parents. Between you and Dick. With those men. And we've been worried sick. We thought you were dead! Why didn't you come home!?" By the end of her rant, she was a sobbing mess, going back to clinging onto him.

"Let's go somewhere more private," he suggested, pushing her into the first restaurant.
They walk to the back, getting a corner table away from prying eyes.
Wally slides into the booth, Artemis sliding in beside him and wrapping her arms around him once more.

They practically laid across the booth, Artemis on top of him.
He turns back to the group, who took a few seats away from them. Close enough to keep an eye on them, but not close enough to hear them.

"Artemis," he mumbled into her hair, "I'm sorry.. Please stop crying. It's not worth it."
"You're worth crying over Wally.."
He pulls her back to look into her eyes before a small smile took place.
"I won't believe that... But ok."
They sit there in silence for a few moments, both of them relishing in the other's presence.