Just a Friend: Part 1

It's been a month since Wally's disappearance. Roy finally joined the team, M'gann and Conner finally told the team they were together, Robin told them his secret identity, and Artemis told them of her past and family history. 
And through all of this Roy hasn't told them of his little conversation with Wally.

But they were all close. Closer than ever.
Batman and Robin went to Joker who muttered profanities about Harley and Poison Ivy. After going to them they refused to say anything. Although Harley did start yelling about being better off without them.

Batman has been keeping an eye out on all of Gotham's big and little villains.
But what he's noticed was that there were very little activity from Harley and Ivy and literally none from Catwoman.
He had his suspicions but hoped he was wrong. He kept looking over Wally's DNA for any changes, but nothing.

Flash hasn't stopped looking around Central, hoping for something.
Robin goes days without sleeping or eating that the team has to force him to sometimes.
His excuse is always "I have to find him. It's all my fault."
And the team has to reassure him that it's not.
But Roy knew.

Roy has been doing his own research. Like tracking that number down, finding one Selina Kyle, but he was always coming up empty. She was better than he thought.
At the very moment, The team lounged around the living room after school when Robin came stumbling in.

Artemis let an exasperated sigh out. "When was the last time you slept?"
Everyone turned and looked at the Boy Wonder, while he mumbled incoherent words under his breath.

"Dick, you can't keep doing this to yourself," spoke M'gann in a soft voice to the younger boy.
His eyes shot open before he relaxed again chuckling. "I keep forgetting I told you all my identity."
"Dick, we think it would be wise for you to go to bed." Kaldur tried to reason.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Honest. Look... I'm close to finding Wally. I can feel it." He stumbled toward the coffee from that morning, pouring him a cup.
Roy was quick to take it away, "Roy!-" "bed! Now!" He ordered, but the young bird was persistent.
"I need to find Wally! I'm close! I-" "no, you're not!"

He gets quiet, looking down at his feet, shuffling them a bit. "It's my fault... I- I need to find him.."
"How many times do we have to tell you, it wasn't your fault!" Screeched Artemis getting fed up with the pity party.
Dick stayed silent, continuing to look down.
"... What was the argument about?" Spoke up Roy.
"What?" Robin spoke with fear lacing his voice.

"What argument?" Kaldur asked, going into his leader's voice.
"The argument-" "Roy!" "That they had right before Wally went missing. The reason why he blames himself!"
The room goes dead silent.
"What was the argument?" Demanded Artemis, eyes narrowed.
"It was nothing. We just yelled at each other a bit... Things were said."
"Like?" Prompted Roy.
"Nothing!" He screamed, shocking the team.

"It didn't sound like nothing," spoke Conner for the first time.
"... You heard it?" His voice shook with fear, "Conner-" "what's a fag?" He interrupted.
"A fag?" Questioned both Kaldur and M'gann.
"You called him a fag!?" Screeched Artemis and Roy.
"I-" "what else did you call him?! What else did you say?! What the fuck Dick?!" Roy screamed, face red with anger.

"I was in shock!" He screamed back, tears rolling down his face, trying to defend himself.
"Shock! Shock?! So you yell at him!?" Joined in Artemis.
"Now-" "You knew?!" Dick interrupted Kaldur, looking at Artemis.
"I was the first person he came out to!"
"And Roy?!" He screamed, pointing at the other archer.

"I found out on accident, that exact day he went missing. And of what happened to his parents. One secret came out and the rest just came pouring out." He explained, trying to remain calm but failing.