22) Then There Were Three

Sero's POV

"Hey Hanta?" Denki said.

"Yeah?" I say looking up from my phone to look at him.

"I have been thinking," He looked at me to see if I was paying attention to him and I nodded, "Well it's been really quiet in this house. I have been a bored when you're out doing hero work and I need something to keep me company..." He said.

I looked at him for a few seconds before replying, "Do you want to get a dog or something?" I asked.

"Well I mean a dog would be nice but no that's not what I mean Hanta. I want to adopt a kid." He said.

"Oh... Oh! Are you sure about this Denki? I mean a child is a lot of work." I explained.

"I'm sure Hanta." He said with a smile.

"Wow Denki you really matured over the years." I laughed.

"Hey! I was always mature!" He said a little angrily.

"I'm kidding, but adopting a child is a serious matter. I don't even know how to be a father. I didn't have a great father figure growing up."

"That's ok. You'll learn as you go. Hell, we'll both learn. It'll be ok Hanta. Don't worry so much." He smiled.

"Yeah. I guess I just don't want to end up like him. It scares me sometimes..." I say honestly.

"You'll be fine Hanta. I will be right here with you every step of the way." He came over to me and hugged me.

"Yeah. You're right." I smiled at him. "Let's adopt a kid then."

~1 week later~

Today is the big day. Denki and I are going to adopt a kid. "Denki are you-?" I got cut off.

"Yes. I am 100% sure. We'll be great parents. Just you watch." He smiled and then we went into the orphanage.

"Hi! How can I help you?" A lady asked.

"Hello. Um we're looking to adopt a kid." I said.

The lady had a smile on her face and said, "Of course! We always want to give the children homes. So what kind of child are you looking for gentlemen?" She asked. We both just gave her a confused look. She just laughed. "Um... Do you want a boy or a girl? What age?" She explained.

"Oh. For sure a boy. What age do you think Denki?" I ask him.

"Well since you have important work I don't think we should get a baby because then that might affect both of our sleep." He explained. "But I still want to raise a kid. So maybe in the 3 to 5 range."

"What he said is just fine." I said. She nodded.

"Alright, I'll lead the way." She then signaled us to follow her. "So how long have the two of you been married?" She asks.

"Let's see... It's been about 3 years now. Almost 4 years." Denki said.

"Aw, how cute." She says with a smile. "I wish I had somebody to love me." She sighs after saying that.

"Hey, don't worry! I'm sure your perfect person is out there somewhere." Denki said. "There is someone out there for everyone." He added.

"You're so sweet. I hope you're right." She says. "So how'd you guys meet? Don't worry we're also almost there, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to." She said.

I chuckled. "You're good. We met in high school, and we've been together since." I explained.

"Wow! You guys really must love one another so dearly if you've been together for that long." She said.