• Chapter Twenty •

"It takes strength and courage to admit the truth." ~Rick Riordan

• • •

The rest of the week passes with Abel not talking to me or giving me blunt answers.

I don't understand why he's acting like this. Did I do something wrong? Maybe he's lost feelings for me and is thinking of a way to let me down easy.

No ones even telling me what's going on. I know Raphael and Israel speak to him but there's radio silence on my end.

I don't really want to end this term on a bad note so I think I'll talk to Abel today.

I go about the rest of my day like usual except for the fact that it's Noah I walk with in between lessons instead of Abel.

"Is anything going on between you and Abel?" Noah Asks.

I'm torn between telling him about my feelings for Abel or being vague about it because of the way Abel is acting. I mean at this point, I don't even know what's going on.

"What do you mean?" I respond.

"He seems to be avoiding both you and I since we started hanging out. If I had to guess correctly, I'd say he's jealous."

I laugh at his incredulous thoughts.

"There's no way Noah, he doesn't like me enough for that."

"But he's interested?"

"I think so. He was before but I'm not so sure now."

"My advice for you is to talk to him.  But if that doesn't work out, I'll be waiting for you with open arms." He says with a wink.

I shake my head at him and loop my arm through his as we walk out of school.

I spot Abel standing by his car with Raphael, Israel and Rolo and decide to head over there with Noah in tow.

With my arm still locked with Noah's, I stop in front of Abel just as the other three decide to leave.

Abel glares at our arms making me think about what Noah said.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Noah detaches himself and says a quick goodbye before speeding out of here.

Abel finally relaxes a little bit and stares at me intensely.

"We need to talk." We both simultaneously.

Abel lets out a small chuckles while I fight the desire to smile. No way am I giving him that satisfaction.

Abel notices this and sighs while opening the car door for me.

I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Can you please get in the car? We need to talk and I don't want to do it here."

Rolling my eyes, I step into the car and shut the door myself. Abel runs his hands over his face and through his hair while mumbling about me being stubborn.

Me? Stubborn? As if he's not the one who has been avoiding me all week. Stubborn my ass.

Despite the fact that I have no idea where he's taking me, I refuse to say anything until he apologises. I know I said I was going to talk to him today but being in his presence just annoyed me. Stupid irritating sexy boy.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I realise that the car has stopped near the top of a cliff I have never seen before.

Abel steps out of the car clearly expecting me to follow behind.