Trying to forget

Richies POV

Richie: can we please talk?
Read

I'm still looking at that text minutes after I sent it, knowing Ed's isn't gonna respond. I mean, why would he? Ive been awful to him. And it's right at that moment I get a text from the last person in the world I want to talk to right now.

Emmie: meet me at the park right now Rich

Eddies POV
Today I'm gonna try and forget about what Richie did. I'm going to try to let him be happy with his girlfriend, and forget about everything that happened. Im going to try to forget about the times we kissed (the moments I thought would be the happiest of my life), because it hurts to think of that right now. Im going to try to forget about all those times he said he loved me, and all the times we cuddled, and how amazing he made me feel. Which, is easier said than done. It hurts to think that in those amazing moments with Richie that I felt loved and cared for, that it was all fake. A lie. Today I'm going to the park with Stan, to try to have a normal, Richie-free, day. So I hop in the shower (for like 40 minutes), and, well, shower. I dry off and dig around in my closet for something to wear. When I'm done getting dressed, I grab my phone and walk out the door, not going too fast, because I'm supposed to be taking it easy right now. My doctor would totally flip if she knew I was doing this right now, but I mean, it's just the park.

Stans POV
Arriving at the park 3 minutes early, I sit on a park bench and wait for Eddie. Bev filled me in on everything that happened with Eddie and Richie. She told me Eddie doesn't even know the full story, so no one really knows what's going on inside of his head right now. I invited him here to tell him the full story, so he doesn't hate Richie forever. I need him to know before he finds out that Richie and Emmie are actually hanging out right now, probably at her house or something, but yeah. I feel bad for Eddie. If I were him I would probably be devastated. That's when I hear a lot of laughter behind me. I see an Emmie with ice cream all over her face bent over laughing, and a Richie with a big smile on his face, laughing beside her.
"I'm so sorry!" Richie laughs
"It's fine Rich." Emmie says, trying to compose herself.
"I'll get some napkins."
"Kay, thanks." Emmie says and laughs to herself. Richie comes back with napkins and helps her get rid of all the ice cream.
"Sorry about that, Em. Do you wanna go- Shit!" Richie says as he notices me.
"Hey Richie." I say, looking at him and Emmie.
"Uh, hey Stan. What're you doing here?"
"Waiting for Eddie." I say, trying to message that he needs to get his ass out of here right now.
"Oh, that loser?" Emmie says, grabbing Richies hand. "Good thing Richie realized that he loves me, and that he never should've broken up with me, right?"
"Yes..." I say, really not knowing how to respond to that.
"Well, we should get going." Richie says, fully aware he has to get the hell out of here before Eddie comes. But it's too late.
"Richie? What're you doing here?" Says Eddie right behind Richie and Emmie. Richie turns around, and startled, yanks his hand away from Emmies.
"I... It's not what it looks like..." Richie says, sounding terrified.
"Really? Because to me it looks like you lied to me about loving me, and now you're back with your girl friend, and you're enjoying an amazing day at the park with her, not even realizing that your a fucking jerk!" Eddie screams, surprising us all. Eddie turns around, obviously furious, and storms of in the direction he came from.
"Eddie wait!" Richie calls and runs after him, leaving me alone with Emmie.

Richies POV
I run after Eddie, catching up with him pretty quickly.
"Ed's, I'm so, so, sorry."
"Don't fucking call me that."
"Eddie, I'm sorry."
"Yeah, Yeah, of course you are." Eddie says, sounding angry.
"I'm actually sorry." I say.
"Sorry? For lying to me? For saying you loved me and making me feel special, and fucking lying about it?" Eddie says angrily as he keeps heading to his house.
"Please, please, just let me explain."
"What's there to explain? I get it, you don't love me. I totally get it. Go hang out with your girlfriend or something."
"Can you stop walking for a second and let me explain?" I ask. Eddie sighs, and stops. He turns around and looks at me.
"Fine."
"Thank you." I say. "So what happened was Bev told Emmie about you and me, without knowing all this would happen, and so Emmie said that if I didn't get back together with her, then she would tell everyone I was gay, so I got back together with her. I never lied about loving you, I would never do anything like that. I love you so much, Eddie Kaspbrak." I say, and wait for his response.
He looks at me directly in the eyes, with possibly one of the saddest expressions I've ever seen, when he says in a soft voice, "I love you too, Rich. But I can't watch you and Emmie be together every single day. It hurts to fucking much. I know it's not your fault, and I understand why you got back together with her, but I just can't handle this right now." He says, and starts walking back down the street, back to his house.

Richie: Em I'm going home for the day.

With my crutches, I "walk" home. Once I get there I crumble onto my bed, and realize that I ruined what Eddie and I had.

Omg I updated a relatively good lengthed chapter? Weird. AND OMG WE HIT 2K READS AND OVER 100 VOTES! Tysm to everyone who reads and votes on my story's, it's literally insane that I have 2k reads and I can't thank you guys enough💕 But yeah I finally came out with a chapter that's 1000 words lol. Tysm for reading, and please vote if you enjoyed this chapter!💕