School

Eddies POV
So I know I said that I didn't really care if Bev told anyone or not, but now that school starts in like thirty minutes, the whole situation has gotten much more surreal. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really dreading going to school. Deep breath Eddie. Deeeep breath. Finally managing to actually take a deep breath, I finish eating my breakfast. Richie and I have plans to meet up before school, so I quickly shove all my school stuff in my backpack, give my mom a kiss goodbye, and walk out the front door after her lecture of being careful.
I grab my bike and head down the street.
It takes me about five minutes to get to the park, the place Richie and I are meeting up.
When I get there, he's sitting on a park bench anxiously tapping his fingers against his jeans. From the looks of it, he's been here for awhile.
"Hey," I say to him. He's doesn't respond to me and I'm pretty sure he's in his own world right now. "Hey." I repeat.
Richie looks at me. "Oh. Hey."
"Excited for school?"
He forces a laugh. "Oh totally," He says still tapping his fingers.
"Do you think Bev actually went through with it?" He says asking the question on both of our minds. I'm pretty sure she is, but I really, really, don't wanna worry Richie.
"I don't know. I hope not."
"Me too."
We sit in awkward silence until out of the blue Richie speaks. "I love you, Ed's."
"I love you too Rich." He gives me a sweet smile, his cheeks covered in pink. "And don't call me Ed's."
He lets out a small laugh. "We should probably head to school."
"Yeah." I agree.
The bike ride to school is mostly silent. We're both off in our own worlds, probably worried about the whole Bev thing.

Richies POV
When Eddie and I get to school and enter the building. My heart is beating so fucking fast right now. But so far, so good. No one outside the school said anything, and we've gotten no strange or disgusted looks from people. It's when I get to my locker that Emmie approaches me.
"Uhh. I'll see you later Rich," Eddie says once Emmie approaches.
"See ya." I say. I turn away from Emmie and to my locker. "Yes?" I ask.
"Uhmm, I really just want you to know that I am truly sorry about all that's happened. I know the whole Bev thing is completely my fault and that I fucked everything up so much." The entire time she's talking, I avoid looking at her and just take out the stuff from my backpack and put it in my locker.
"I know Emmie, you've already apologized." I still don't look at her.
"I know, but I just want you to know that to prove to you how sorry I really am, I've gotten Bev to shut up about you and Eddie."
"What?" I ask, and my eyes finally meet hers.
"Temporarily, that is."
"How?"
"I have my ways." She says with a smile.
"Well, thanks." I say to her.
"Yeah. And I know things can never be the same between us and that we can probably never be friends, but I just need to know if you hate me." She says, her voice quivering.
After a beat of silence, I respond. "I don't hate you, Emmie."
Suddenly, the home room bell rings. Emmie jumps and gives me a startled expression, and looks she wants to say something. She doesn't, however, and just walks away.
The rest of the school day is uneventful. No one says anything rude or even gives me weird looks. I do wonder how Emmie shut Bev up, though. The entire day, Bevs been completely avoiding me. It's just weird. And as for Emmie, I don't even know how I feel about her anymore. She seems genuinely sorry, but I don't know. She screwed a lot of stuff up.
After school instead of meeting up with my friends to hang at Bens house, I just bike home. Neither of my parents are home, and I just watch Netflix for awhile.
Until I get a text from Bev.

Okay so I'm super sorry that I took such a long break from updating. But now that I'm back, I just wanted to say thanks for all the reads and votes! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please vote if you did! Tysm! <3