Part 40

Richies POV

Bev: come to my house. now.
Read.

I never respond to her text, nor do I plan to go to her house. I mean, why would I? You know what, never mind. I've been thinking about Bev and Emmie far too much recently.

Eddies POV
"Did Richie ever respond to anyone?" Stan asks us.
"Nah." Ben says.
"N-nope." Bill stutters.
"No." Mike states.
Bill, Ben, Stan, and Mike all look at me. I shake my head.
Richie never showed up to Bens house after school like we all had planned. We texted him to make sure everything was cool, but obviously he didn't respond to anyone. It kind of worries me. I just know he was really stressed today and I just wanna make sure he's okay.
"Well, never mind that." Ben starts.
"It just feels so strange here without Richie or Bev." Mike cuts in.
"Yeah, I agree." I say.
"Yeah, well, we don't need Bev anymore. She showed her true colors." Stan says.
"Y-Yeah. You're right." Bill agrees.
"Yeah." Mike says with a sigh.
Silence overtakes all of us. I'm not sure why, maybe we're all thinking of Bev.
"I'll be right back." I say in the middle of the silence and head upstairs to Bens bathroom. But before I can get there I get a glimpse of Emmie walking down the street. It's not weird she's walking around, but for whatever reason she stops me right in my tracks. For some reason, I wanna talk to her. She starts to walk towards Bens front steps. So I walk out the front door and head over to her.
"Why are you here?"
"Bev told me Richie was supposed to be here."
"Oh no! Not this again!"
Her eyes widen. "Oh no, no, no! That's not what I meant! I just had to talk to him about something."
"Right... Wait, how did Bev know he would be here. I mean, he's not, but he was supposed to be."
"I don't know how she knew, but she sounded sure of it. Do you know where he is?"
"Nope." I say bluntly.
"Okay. Thanks anyway." She says and leaves.