Chapter 44

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, but I just haven't really had too many ideas for the story lately😶

Richies POV
Right before Bev gets to the quarry I have the sudden urge to leave and just block her for eternity.
But eh, might be interesting to see what she has to say. So I plop my butt down on a rock and nervously tap my foot until she makes an appearance.
She's late, of course. By twenty minutes, if you wanna be specific.
"Hey Richie." She says when she finally decides to show up. She just stand in front of me, kicking pebbles. "Sorry I was late."
"Whatever." I mutter. "Can you just say what you you've been so desperate to say?"
"Sure. I just wanted to say that I was sorry. I really don't know what came over me. It's when you and Emmie started dating the first time, we became really good friends, and then you dumped her, and she was really, really hurt and then I kinda put the whole plan to break you and Eddie up into her head and I guess I went a little insane, and I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really, really sorry. And I hope you can forgive me." You see, I don't really understand why Bev would've ever cared about Eddie and I so much and I guess the whole thing doesn't really make sense to my brain, but I don't know if I feel like being mad anymore. I just kinda wanna drop the whole thing but I don't know if Bev and I can be friends after that.
"I don't know." Is all I say in response.
"If you can forgive me?" I nod. She nods back. "Okay. I understand. Just think about it, okay? Because I really am sorry." She does actually sound pretty sincere, so who knows.
"Okay. See ya." I say and get up and leave.

Eddies POV
It's quite strange hanging out with Emmie. You know, after the whole Richie thing. But she actually ends up being lots of fun. At first, we just watch some new Netflix show we both decided sounded interesting enough. But after a part of the show where the main character is biking with his friends, she comments on how she doesn't know how to ride a bike and how it looks fun.
"How do you not know how?" I ask her in disbelief.
"I don't know. My parents never really had the time to teach me." She says with a shrug.
"Wow, that is actually criminal." I say with a shake of the head.
Emmie laughs.
"Today, we need to change that." I decide.
Over the course of the next hour and a half, I teach her to ride a bike and we end up laughing historically at her failed attempts.
"Bye Eddie!" She says when she leaves. "See you some other time?" I nod.