She's actually okay

Richies POV
"And she just showed up at your house to hang out?" I ask Eddie in disbelief. Apparently, Emmie and Eddie hung out yesterday. And had fun. Don't ask me how.
"Yeah. And you wanna know the weirdest part?" Eddie asks.
"Sure." I say in response. I'm curious to hear what he has to say.
"She's actually a decent person. She was fun to hang with." He says with a shrug.
"No way." I say. "Her, a decent person?" I've known Emmie was an okay person after she felt bad enough about what happened to apologize to me. But decent? That feels a bit generous. "No way."
"I don't know, she seemed pretty decent to me." He pauses. "Have you talked to Bev yet?"
I swallow. "Yeah, I did actually." I tap on Eddies bedroom floor, where we're currently sitting. "She apologized." When Eddie doesn't say anything, I continue. "Then I left."
"What do you think?" He asks. "Was it sincere?"
I think back to mine and Bevs conversation. She sounded sincere. But maybe she's a great actress. "I don't know. Sounded kinda real."
He nods. "I hope so. I miss being her friend."
Eddies nicer than me. He probably does miss being Bevs friend.
Eddies phone beeps and his phone lights up and shows he has a new text. "Who's that?" I ask.
He picks up his phone and types something in reply to the person. "Oh, just Emmie."
"What did she say?"
"She just texted me a picture of a bike."
"Okay..."
"Anyway." Eddie says, sensing that awkward silence was about to fall between us. "It's late. Shouldn't you get going?"
"Oh, yeah." I say and look outside his window to the dark sky. "Bye Ed's."

I. Cannot. Believe. We. Hit. 58k. Reads.

That's actually insane.
Thanks so much for the reads everyone and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!❤️