Part 3: Crazy, Stupid, Feelings

I'm woken up by the sudden burst of light coming from the bottom crack of the bathroom door.

Did I leave that light on?

I sit up and look at the clock, 6:00 a.m.

It's a Saturday which means I should be sleeping in. With my eyes barely open, I jump out of bed to turn that damn light off. I'm halfway there when the door opens and I scream.

"Sorry, I had to use the bathroom. Did I scare you?" Namjoon says scratching his head, barely awake himself.

"Oh my god! I forgot you were here," so it wasn't a dream. Namjoon is really here. I don't even remember at what time I went to bed last night. We ordered food, bought more beers, and I pretended not to fangirl during every second of it. 

"Sorry." He smiles shyly, showing off his dimples. His hair is messy in the cutest possible way and he's wearing a white tank top. He wraps his arms around himself. 

"Oh, it's okay." I find it hard to stop staring at him. Then, I realize I'm in the way between him and the door.

"Sorry, I'm in your way. Go ahead." He just nods and goes back to the living room.

You're doing great sweetie!

I immediately run to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

"He must think I'm such a creep!" I cry as I turn the shower on. There's no going back to sleep now.

It takes me about an hour to get that natural, I-wake-up-like-this-but-not-really-look even though my only plan, for now, is to do chores around the house.

Namjoon is laying on the couch, reading a book. He changed into a blue t-shirt and jeans. I guess he didn't go back to sleep either.

"Hey! I'm going to make some coffee do you want some?"

"Actually, I wanted to check out this café I saw yesterday on my way here. I was waiting for you...if you're free."

He wants me to go with him? I was not expecting that.

"Oh sure, yeah we can do that."

"Perfect!" He jumped out of the sofa and motioned for me to go first. I stop by the shoe closet, grab my sandals, and my purse. 

We walk out of the building in silence. I'm the queen of being too awkward to make casual conversation, especially in the morning, and with Kim Namjoon.

"What do you usually do on the weekends?" He asks.

"Umm when I don't have a trip planned, I try to knock out as many chores as I can in the morning and then I go to a café or the park to read if the weather is nice. Sometimes I meet up with friends."

He stops to look at me.

"Did you have a trip planned for this weekend?"

"No, no I don't have anything planned for the next two weeks so you're fine!" I lie, I have a trip planned for next weekend but he'll probably be gone by then.

We get to the café and he tells me to find a table while he orders like we're some old friends who do this regularly. I've been here before so I find my favorite spot in the corner next to the glass window.

Namjoon comes back with our orders. Iced Americano for him, unsurprisingly, and a latte for myself plus some pastries. He takes off his mask and immediately pulls out a book and leans back on his chair. It takes me a second to recognize the name of the author.