Part 19: The Last Goodbye

We're enjoying the food we ordered from room service when I grab my phone from my purse. I wanted to show Namjoon pictures of my garden but instead, I see the five missed calls and texts from Michael. Fuck!

What were you expecting, for him to suddenly disappear?

I feel the walls around me crashing down and burying me underneath them. I place my head on the palms of my hands.

"What's wrong?" Namjoon asks putting down his fork. "Michael?"

"I have to go," I push back the chair and get up but Namjoon grabs my hands.

"No, no, don't leave me!"

"Joon please, you know I can't do that!" I say standing up, trying to locate my clothes. "I promise I'll tell him everything after the pre-launch party. Just one night and I'm all yours."

"Okay," he says with sad puppy eyes and I can't resist the urge to kiss him. "Do you still want me to come to the party?" He asks in between kisses and I nod.

"If you can make it, yes," I say after forcing myself to get away from Namjoon.

"Then, I'll be there!" He says leaning back in his chair watching me ditch the robe and get back into my clothes.

"By the way you owe me one," I say tucking my shirt into my jeans. Thankfully it was the second to last button and it'll go unnoticed. He hides his face in his hands, laughing.

.....................................................................................................................

The director yells cut and Namjoon is finally done for the day. He looks at his watch, it's past 6:00 p.m. Eleanor's pre-launch party must have started, he has to hurry up. He quickly changes and gets in the car.

"We'll be there in about 40 minutes," the driver tells Namjoon.

"Ah thank you," he says while texting Eleanor he'll be a "bit" late.

Namjoon looked at his watch again then closed his eyes. His attempt at a nap was interrupted by his phone ringing.

"Hyung! What's up?" Namjoon answered.

"Namjoon sorry to bother you but I need a favor!" His friend said.

"Yea sure, what do you need."

"I have these English lyrics that I'm really struggling with. And I was wondering if you could take a look at them."

"Yeah, of course, email it to me and I'll look at it."

"Thanks, man!"

"Hyung can I ask you something...personal"

"What's is it?"

"When you publicly announced your marriage last year, like how was that?"

"Well...how do I say this?" He paused for a second, "As a man, it was the best decision I made. As an idol, it was...tough. You never know how people are going to react. I'm glad my wife isn't part of the industry. She was able to avoid most of the backlash but I'll be lying if I told you it didn't affect her."

Namjoon remained silent, lost in thought.

"Why are you asking? I didn't know you were dating!"

"Umm just curious that's all," he lied.

"Right! Well, whatever you decide it'll change everything for both of you, make sure she's ready for that."

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind"