Part 11: Meet The Roommates Pt. 2

Fangirl? I am okay, who's BTS? I am just meeting my boyfriend's roommates.

"Hi!" I say waving my hands in front of me.

They all smile and slightly bow their heads except Hoseok, he just stares at me for a second then turns back to his phone.

Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung

Oh my god Eleanor, focus!!

"I'm gonna take this to my room," Namjoon says squeezing my shoulder and bringing me back to reality. "All of you behave." He says without looking back.

"Let's sit down," Jimin says motioning toward the table and pulling up a chair opposite Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Thank you," I said sitting down. Jimin sits to my right. Yoongi sits closer to Hoseok.

"Eleanor, red wine right?" Jin yells from the kitchen.

"Sure, thank you." Alcohol is the last thing I should have right now but it's much needed.

"You know out of all us, I never thought Namjoon would date a fan," Jin says handing me a glass of wine and sitting to my left.

"Wait, you're ARMY?" Taehyung looks at me.

"Yeah, Namjoon told us like a thousand times but you never pay attention," Jin says.

"Not true, I would've remembered that!" Taehyung says in a child-like voice. "Bro, back me up here." He elbows Jungkook.

"I'm pretty sure Namjoon mentioned it," Jungkook replies.

Tae shakes his head. "Anyways, I thought we couldn't date fans."

"We can but we shouldn't," Yoongi says not even bothering to look up from his phone.

"Oh Bang PD was probably pissed." Tae scans the face of the other members as if waiting for a reply.

Namjooon didn't mention any of this to me! An uncomfortable silence fills the room. I take a sip of my wine. What is taking Namjoon so long?

"Oh shit, Namjoon hasn't told him yet!!" Tae says, eyes growing wide.

Wait, what?

Hoseok looks at Tae and clears his throat.

"Ah this guy I swear, do ever keep your mouth shut," Jin yells at him.

"I was just saying, it's not my fault he's dating a fan!" Tae yells back.

What is happening right now? I sit back into my seat wanting to disappear. Jimin taps my shoulder.

"Don't pay attention to them." He says with a smile. "By the way, what do you see in Namjoon?"

"What do you mean?" I look at Jimin puzzled and he laughs.

"I think we can all agree he's not that cute," Jimin says. I'm starting to get a headache.

"You know fans think it's a dream come true to date us but it's actually not." Jungkook interrupts. Jin follows Tae into the kitchen where they keep bickering with each other.

"You won't be able to go to concerts, not even backstage. You can't be together in broad daylight!" Jungkook continues. "You have to become invisible!"

"He speaks from experience, a very bad one," Jimin says.

"Oh...I mean if that's the price to pay I guess?" I shrug and take another sip of wine. I'll continue to watch the fancams, no one can stop me from that.

"Yeah, you say that now but" Hoseok finally speaks but bursts into a laugh mid-sentence.

I am so confused.

"Guys! I thought we'd agreed not to do this!" Namjoon says standing behind me. He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Hoseok you had one line and you ruined it!" Yoongi says kicking Hoseok's chair with his leg as he makes his way to the kitchen, a half-smile on his face.

"Sorry!" Hoseok says still laughing. Jimin is laughing too, he covers his mouth with his hand to stop himself but it doesn't work.

"Ugh, we almost had her!" Jin yells from the kitchen.

"And the Oscar goes to clueless Taehyung," Tae says and they all burst out laughing.

I look up to Namjoon.

"What's going on?" I say.

"They were just messing with you to see how you react." Namjoon smiles and shakes his head.

"Oh thank god, I was a little scared" I smile relieved.

"Were we recording this? Because her face was hilarious." Jungkook says in between laughs. He looks at me. "I'm sorry," he mouths.

"That was pretty funny," Jimin says wiping a tear from his eye. He turns to face me. "By the way, I didn't mean what I said about Namjoon." He gets up and joins the others in the kitchen.

"What did you say about me?" Namjoon yells.

"Jungkook, Jin you owe me $100. Jimin didn't laugh first. Hoseok did." Tae says placing a big pot in the table.

"Hey, you were betting on us?" Hoseok protests on his way to the kitchen.

"Can I help?" I say starting to get up from my chair.

No! They all say in unison. And just like that, I get a glimpse into what BTS is really like. I didn't know how to act around them because I guess it's easy to forget that idols are people too. People who talk about being stuck on a certain level of a video game. People who complain about spending too much money on online shopping. People who tease their friends for being too cheesy. People like us.

After dinner, everyone kind of disperses. Hoseok is meeting his girlfriend. Jungkook and Yoongi disappear into their rooms. Jimin and Tae are meeting up with friends. Jin has a meeting with his matchmaker.

"You and a matchmaker?" Namjoon laughs.

"My mother and her crazy ideas. Apparently this chick has a 99% success rate and I'm happy to bring that down to 98!" He says grabbing his coat before leaving.

We go up the stairs to Namjoon's room which is bigger than my entire apartment and a little messier too but no surprises there.

"What?" He asks noticing my silence.

"Why does your room look kind of empty?"

"Umm, I've been having a hard time decorating since we moved." He says scratching his head.

"I thought you'd have more of those weird-looking toys here," I say knowing that'll piss him off.

"Weird-looking toys?...the Kaws?" He says.

"Yeah those...can I see your closet?" I say ready to open the closet's doors.

"First, Kaws are not toys, I am offended. Second, why do you want to see my closet so you can laugh at how many khaki pants I own?" He takes my hand away from the door.

"You know me so well." I smile and push him aside. I open the closet and step into it. Again, bigger than I imagined. It's stuffed with clothes, so many jackets and sweaters, and shoe boxes. And the Ryan plushies!! I knew it.

"Are those?" I say but Namjoon picks me up by my waist and takes me out of the closet.

"It's time to go to bed!" Namjoon says smiling.

"But I'm not sleepy," I whine.

"Who said anything about sleeping?"