Part 13: Midnight in Seoul

[The following chapter contains mature content]

I spend the remainder of the afternoon with Namjoon's stylist. After a thousand and one try, we both agree on an off the shoulder little black dress with an A-line skirt. It's shorter than I would've liked but the stylist sold me on it saying it would make my legs look longer.

We're back at the dorm for my hair and makeup now which is taking a lot longer than I expected. I could've done it myself but Namjoon had already sent them to help and how can I say not to that.

I hear a knock on the door and Namjoon's head pops up.

"How is it going over here?" He asks. I point to my hair rollers and shrug.

"I'll give you a couple more minutes," Namjoon winks and leaves.

An eternity later, rollers are out, the dress is on, and I'm fixing my lipstick when Namjoon walks in. He is wearing a dark blue suit with a black shirt underneath. His light brown hair is parted on the side, exposing his a bit of his forehead. Be still, my heart.

"Thank you so much for your help today, you guys are amazing," he says.

"Anything for you Namjoon," the hairstylist says "turn around sweetheart you just need a little bit of this," he tells me before dumping a half a can of hairspray on my hair.

"Thank you!" I say to him and the makeup lady.

After they leave to find driver Lee, Namjoon takes my hand and spins me around.

"You're gorgeous. I don't know how I got this lucky."

It's moments like these that I wish I could print out to replay later. To reassure myself that I'm not making this up. That this is not a dream and that his heart beats for me as strongly as mine does for him.

"No, I'm the one who got lucky," I say.

"Ugh get a room, actually don't because we're already late!" Hoseok yells from the hall.

"Don't mind him, he's just broke up with his girlfriend...again," Namjoon says planting a kiss on my cheek.

I grab my purse and loop my arm through Namjoon's as we walk to the car.

"Wow Eleanor, you look beautiful," Jimin says standing by the car. Hoseok looks up from his phone and gives me a thumbs up.

"Thank you," I say starting to blush a little.

"I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you tonight" Namjoon whispers.

"Wow, jealous much?" I say teasing him.

"A little," He says with a shy smile.

"I'm not gonna run away with another idol... unless Park Bo Gum is there then you're out of luck."

"Oh I see how it is," he says biting the inside of his cheeks while he opens the door for me.

The place we're going it's not that far and the ride consists of Jimin and Namjoon teasing Hoseok about his breakup.

"I'm done with her this time, I swear," Hoseok says while getting out of the car.

"You said that the last 3 times," Jimin says and Namjoon chuckles. 

We're at another underground parking garage, I'm starting to believe all the luxury apartment complexes in Seoul are the same. We walk into a massive living room, even bigger than the dorm. Waiters are going around with trays of food and champagne. There's a bartender and a live DJ. There are a lot of people here and it makes me feel uneasy.