Part 16: Me After You

Namjoon opened his mouth to respond but then he saw Chris walking out of the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?" Chris said crossing his arms before him.

"You little piece of shit!" Namjoon walked past Eleanor and pushed Chris with such force he tumbled to the floor.

"Namjoon what the hell?" Eleanor said getting in between the two of them.

"He was the one who told the reporters," Namjoon said.

"What are you talking about?" Eleanor said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why don't YOU tell her Chris?"

Eleanor turned to face Chris who remained silent for a couple of seconds. Namjoon was close to losing the little patience he had left.

"Ellie, I can explain," Chris said getting up.

"What the fuck Chris? I trusted you. How could you do this to me?" She yelled.

"I fucked up I know but it was an impulse. I just couldn't afford to lose you," He tried to grab her arm but before Namjoon had a chance to get to him, Eleanor raised her fist and punched Chris on the face.

It happened so fast Namjoon wasn't sure what to do. He knew Eleanor was a force to be reckoned with but going as far as to punch somebody? He didn't see that coming and neither did Chris judging by his horrified face.

"You can't lose someone you've never had" Eleanor pushed past Namjoon, grabbed her coat from the rack by the door, and without looking back said, "And I better not see you ever again Christopher!"

Namjoon stepped closer to Chris and pushed him again, pushing would be an exaggeration more like a tapping, to make him fall into the couch. He could see a bruise around Chris's lip and that made Namjoon want to smile but he made an effort to hide it.

"You better stay away from her," He said looking down at him. "You heard me?" Chris had no choice but to nod.

"Good," Namjoon said before finally running after Eleanor.

"Eleanor wait," he shouted. Eleanor looked back and slowed down.

"Come to my place let's paint to destress," she mumbled, "Ugh! I'm so stupid."

"Don't say that you had no way to know." Namjoon noticed she was holding her fist close to her chest.

"Does it hurt a lot?" He said examining her now swollen hand.

"I don't think it's broken but it hurts!"

"Let's get you home and put some ice on it," Namjoon said placing his arm around her shoulders.

"What do you think you're doing?" Eleanor said shrugging him off. "You're not even supposed to be here."

Namjoon had forgotten about that for a second.

"I don't even know! I guess I just wanted to confront him? I had no idea you would be here."

"So you didn't even come here for me?" She stopped before the entrance door. He couldn't see her face but he heard the disappointment in her voice.

"I was going to see you at some point," Namjoon said knowing that did little to help his case.

"You should go before it's too late," Eleanor said pulling up the hood of her coat and stepping out into the grey and cloudless afternoon. Namjoon followed. Was it really this cold when he had come in earlier?

"I know you must hate me right now but please..." Namjoon said pulling Eleanor toward him, forcing her to face him.

"You really think I hate you?" She said looking at her feet.