Chapter 7

Benny did as he said, staying with you till your mom got home later that evening. You both sat and talked for a very long time about anything and everything.

You were still laying in bed with him just throwing your baseball up in the air and he would catch it. Then he would give it a toss and you would take a turn catching it. This went on for almost an hour. Of course when your mom did eventually come home, and had Mikey right by her side, you got shivers up and down your spine. You'd been watching them come up the driveway through your window.

You were still uncomfortable about the situation earlier today, but having Benny by you made it a lot easier to handle. He had grabbed your hand, squeezing it tightly to reassure you that he was here and wasn't going anywhere.

"Please don't come in the house, please don't come in the house." You chanted to yourself quietly as you watched the interaction outside.

"Damnit." You murmured, watching Mikey walk through the door. You started to get sweaty and nervous just at the sight.

"Hey it's okay, if he stays too long I'll just bring you home with me, my mom won't mind."

You silently thanked your lucky stars for a friend like Benny, you didn't know what you'd do without him.

You both sat back on the bed and waited for any sign of your moms horrendous boyfriend leaving your home. Sadly it never came. It was only a matter of Time before your mom would come in and check on you though.

As if on cue, there was a knock on your door.

"Come in." You looked to see who it was, and were surprised to see both your mom and Mikey were at the door.

"Hey Ellis, Hi Benny. We just wanted to check on you and see how you were feeling." Your mom sounded concerned still, especially after the act you had put on earlier today.

"I'm actually feeling fine now mom."

"That's good to hear, I was gonna see if you wanted to order dinner or something, Mikey was going to join us this evening." You were about to reply to your mom, but Benny jumped in, cutting you off from what you were about to say.

"Actually if it was okay, I had asked Mack to stay the night at my place tonight." He did his best to save you from the situation, knowing you would probably have a break down if you had to endure another meal with this man.

"Oh sure, that's fine. Just be back before I leave tomorrow okay?" she gave you a glance, and you nodded. You were hoping this was the end of the conversation and they would exit the room, but you weren't so fortunate.

"If you need anything you can always ask me." Mikey said in an innocent tone. At this, Benny's grip tightened on your hand, and his jaw clenched tight. Benny knew this man's real intentions.

You gave him a curt, fast nod and that was it. You didn't say anything, and you didn't show any emotion towards him.

When he and your mom left the room, you let out a breath you didn't even know you were holding. To make matters worse, you were still wearing a dress, which made you want to cry. That was the first thing you really needed to do, take off the dress.

"Hey Benny I'm gonna change real quick and then we can go." You went over to your dresser and pulled out some jeans and an old t shirt.

You seemed to be having a hard time undoing the tie at the back of the dress, and couldn't seem to get it untied. You tried looking in the mirror, but that didn't really help. All of a sudden you saw Benny come up behind you in the reflection, and he untied the ribbon with ease. He also untied the sash that was wrapped around your waist.