Chapter 10

Now normally you'd be ticked off at whoever had the guts to do this when you were about to go to bed, however, in the current situation, you couldn't be more excited and happy that you heard a knock on the window.

You jumped up out of bed and raced over to unlock the latch and slide open the glass pane. Benny was smiling like you'd been all night long.

"Benny it's ten o clock." You watched him climb inside your room.

"I know. I had to see you." He practically tacked you into your bed, wrapping his arms securely around your waist in doing.

"I saw you few hours ago." You tried to reason, but he wouldn't take it.

"That's too long to wait, I missed you." He said, nestling his face in your neck. You weren't complaining at all.

"I missed you too." You turned to kiss the side of his head, to which he just sighed in content.

You laid there for a minute, not even saying a word. Just laying with him this way, you could close your eyes, and feel him there forever.

He kept shifting as if there was something on his mind. He finally spoke up.

"Could you come over and stay the night?" he mumbled into your neck making you giggle at the ticklish sensation.

"No I'm too tired. But you could stay here if you want." You began running your fingers through his hair subconsciously, feeling his warm breath at the corner of your shoulder.

"Okay." He murmured softly, turning you both so that you were now laying in a more comfortable position on your bed. His face was still burrowed in the crook of your neck, and his arms were still tightly around you.

"You know you have to close the window right? Cuz I'm not getting up to do it." You were no way going to leave your comfy bed to close the window that Benny made you open.

"Alright fine." He scuffled to get up off the bed, trying not to drag you with him. When he shut the window you scoot over on the bed making more room for him. You also reached over and turned the light off so you wouldn't have to make him do that too.

He kicked off his shoes while he was up, then plopped himself back down next to you, pulling you close to him. You rested your head on his chest, hearing that soft thump of his heartbeat under your ear.

Your eyes were starting to close, and you were nearly drifting off, when Benny pulled you out of the haze.

"Mack?"

You hummed in response, hoping it was a yes or no question so you wouldn't have to speak anymore.

"C-could I maybe, uh kiss you good night?" he softly spoke, stuttering a bit as he did. You weren't sure why he was so nervous to ask you that, you were obviously going to say yes.

"Of course you can." You lifted your head up, meeting his lips one more time for the night. It was soft and sweet, and once it was over, you were practically pulled to sleep.

You kept your head where it was before, feeling the comfort and safety of his embrace as you finally drifted off. You were already asleep and practically snoring in just minutes.

"Goodnight, I love you." Benny kissed the top of your head before relaxing himself and falling asleep as well.

-

Over the next few weeks, Benny was at your house a lot. Not just because Mikey was there, but also because your mom invited him to practically everything, claiming he was part of the family now.

This particular day, you had to beg Benny to go to the Sandlot and not go to lunch with your mom. He didn't mind your mom at all, in fact, he thought she was really nice. Other than the whole dating Mikey thing of course.