Chapter 31

This one's a lil' short.... whoops!

You met Benny outside with a cheerful face.

"Did your mom ask you about last night?" He pondered, a little curious as to what she might have said.

"Yeah, but we're all good. She didn't ask anything about.... Well you know." You told him. In all seriousness, your mother wouldn't really have any reason to think anything strange about last night. You were just hoping that Mrs. Rodriguez didn't ask about it.

"Well that's good... We should probably get going, they'll be waiting for us." He said. You knew that once you convinced him he'd wanna go out to play ball, and now he was itching to do so.

You nodded to him before beginning to start the walk there. Normally you both would run, but your stomach was sore, and you were not about to even jog to the sandlot. Benny didn't seem to notice, he grabbed your hand and walked alongside you.

When you both arrived, the boys did as usual in swarming around you, glad that you came today.

"We didn't think you guys were coming." Kenny said.

"Yeah yeah, we thought you were staying home." Yeah yeah added.

You looked at Benny and then back at the boys with a skirmish look on your face.

"He needed a little convincing, but I got him." You told them. Benny shook his head, but he knew you were right. He wouldn't have come if not for you making him.

"Good enough for me, let's play some ball!"

-

It was only three o clock when you had to sit out for a few minutes. Not to say that you were winded, in fact you'd actually done a lot today: You started playing short stop again as opposed to left field, which inevitably meant you got more people out due to being better than yeah yeah. You even got to have some time getting to know the knew kid Scott Smalls, who as shy and timid as he seemsd on the outside, was actually quite fun and enjoyable when you talked to him. Overall it was a productive three hours for you, but the boys were not satisfied.

"Come on Mack, you barely even played yet..." Bertram began complaining. Little did he know the havoc your lower abdomen was wreaking on the rest of your body. Not to mention how tired you were from sleeping in so late.

"I know, but I'm a little sore right now... don't worry, I'll be back to playing in no time." You told him, but then Squints started getting into it now too.

"Oh yes, we forgot.... Girls get periods..." He said, even though he was completely wrong about the reason for your pain.

"For your information, smartass, my period stopped last week." You crossed your arms, narrowing your eyes at him while you spoke.

"Oh yeah? Then how come you're so sore, huh?" He did the same thing you just did, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes, as if you now owed him some sort of explanation. You weren't gonna give him one, of course, but someone you least expected to speak began to say something you didn't think he would.

"Wait a second, I think I know...."

You turned your head to see Scott Smalls running over to try and give an answer. You suddenly got scared, remembering he was there with Ham this morning when they visited. Though Ham knew about your and Benny's close relationship, and how you just slept over sometimes , Scotty might think differently. Than again, maybe he's too innocent to even bring that sort of thing up.

"Well uh, don't you and Benny... You guys...." He was trying to tell you this whilst making some weird hand motions. These hand motions weren't vulgar but very suggestive. All the boys' faces contorted into ones of fear, shock.... And humor. You were terrified of this little kid not even four days after meeting him. He might not have meant any harm, but this whole thing was getting a little too much.