Chapter 37

(This pic of mike sends me.... He's adorable I can't even)

"Congratulations, you're pregnant!" 

Your jaw practically hit the floor. There was no way. How? 

The doctor waved her hand in front of your face, trying to regain your attention as you dozed off, thinking about all the possibilities.

"You alright dear?" She asked gently. 

"Uh.... yeah. I-" You trailed off trying to put together a coherent sentence without sputtering out anything stupid. You also had to blink away the tears that slowly were creeping into your eyes. "I don't.... How? I had less of a chance than anyone?"

She smiled at you before reading her paper she brought in. "As uncommon as it is, it is still possible. Especially if you maintain a good regimen of daily exercise and healthy eating habits. I know you're a baseball player, so that much physical activity can already increase fertility by ten percent." 

You began to understand, but were still shocked that this was even able to happen. You kept looking at her as if silently asking for more information, however the next information had to be provided by you. 

"Dear, I know this might not be something you'd be comfortable to share, but I have to know how frequently you and your partner were... sexually active." She let out. You raised your eyebrows to make your face match your surprise, but in a second you felt alright to answer.

"Oh. Well.... quite frequently actually." You felt as if that was enough, but somehow it wasn't.

"Could you give me a rough weekly estimate?" 

You sighed, thinking about just a few weeks ago. There was one day that you and Benny went at it about six or seven times just that afternoon. Possibly the day of conception.

"Well, based on a daily average, I'd say about more than twenty times a week." You admitted. The doctors mouth hung open for a fast second, before she was able to compose herself and clear her throat. 

"That explains a lot. Teenage girls are never quite so.... rambunctious at this age. At least I have what I need. You may leave whenever you're ready, and I encourage you to ask some questions before you do." She said. She seemed a little more judgmental about your situation as of now, but you brushed it off. You did have a question, but probably not of something she could help you with. 

"Got any advice on how to tell my boyfriend?" You half laughed, knowing that it could go either one of two ways. Of course he would be happy, but there would still be a lot of other things to deal with.

"I'm afraid not, but I can tell you right now based off of what you've told me, he will be just fine with the news." 

You knew that already. You were just scared about every other aspect of this new journey in your life. 

-

Benny had a game tonight, and it was against the rival school team. Philips' team.

The funniest thing, after the fall formal the year prior, when Benny broke up with Susie, she transferred schools. Now, as cliché as it might sound, she was now dating Philips to get back at Benny. He didn't take it that way though, he just kept his focus on the things that actually mattered in his life. His family, his friends, and his future. You fell into all three of those categories. 

You and the boys were crowded around the gate per usual, sporting the team colors like you always did. Tonight was the biggest game of the season, and if they won, they would move on to state championships. Benny was a bit on edge, because the head sports administrator from UCLA was coming to watch. Though they had already offered him a scholarship, he still wanted to be able to prove to them he was worth it.