Chapter 23

YES I BASED BRADY OFF OF SODAPOP IS ANYONE COMPLAINING?!?!?!

The fourth of July was here. One of the biggest Celebrations of the year, and one of the biggest barbeques of the year. You had friends to share it with. Your mom and aunt insisted you host a party for your friends to come and hang out. Really it was just an excuse to meet them, because truthfully they've only seen you with them when they were dropping you off or picking you up.

You had invited everyone you knew, from the girls Mili and Esme from school, to the gang, to the girl you'd been hanging out with recently, Aaliyah. Roger and Aaliyah lately have been hanging out together, which you thought was weird since he was the one who warned you to stay away from her. You didn't know why he was with her so much recently, but you weren't complaining. You liked them both and were glad they were starting to like each other.

The gang also asked if they could bring some friends, and of course since you figured it would be fun, you said yes.

When they showed up though, there were a lot more people than you planned. You didn't mind, the more the merrier.

You of course missed playing ball, and knew that the boys would surely be playing a game tonight. You smiled at the thought, thinking about Benny playing a game under the lights of the fireworks.

Everyone had been having a good time as far as you could tell, playing different games, eating your mom's food, and lighting store bought fireworks in the front yard.

After about nine o clock, your mother was tuckered out, and came up to you privately.

"Ellis, me your aunt are heading to bed." She paused when she saw the sad look on your face. "Your friends don't have to leave, but make sure everything starts winding down by midnight okay?"

"Okay. Don't worry I'll be responsible."

Being responsible lasted all of five minutes. As soon as your mom and aunt went to bed, everyone started playing a game of truth or dare, except with a twist. Every time someone chickened out of a dare, they had to pick truth, and if you didn't answer the truth question, you had to take a drink. Yes, Jake brought beer bottles and other drinks, but he hadn't brought them out until you mom was no longer present. Of course, all their other friends left, so now it was just you, the gang, Mili and Esme, and Aaliyah.

"Okay, Mack, truth or dare?" Brady turned towards you, looking at you with a smirk.

"Um.... Truth." You chose to play it safe, however, when you said it, he almost looked happy about you choosing what you did.

"Okay, here's a good question. Out of all the gang, who would you go out with?" He asked, menacingly. Your eyes widened as you looked over everyone in the group. When your eyes landed on Jake, he gave you a wink and a smirk. As slick as he thought he was, he was definitely not your type.

"Honestly I'd have to say you." You shyly said, not looking back at him to see his reaction. It wasn't like you were actually gonna go out with him, but still you were embarrassed to even answer. You had to give an answer though, you didn't want to end up drinking tonight. That would result in bad things.

"Well you heard it here first ladies and gentlemen, I'm her favorite." Brady joked, making everyone laugh around the circle.

"Okay well it's my turn now. How about Aaliyah. Truth or dare?" You spoke across the circle to where she was sitting by the other girls. She glanced over at you a bit surprised before answering.

"Dare."

You weren't surprised.

"Okay, let me think." You looked around the group and knew exactly what to dare her to do. "I dare you to kiss one of the boys here." If she took the bait and did the dare, it might explain a lot to you, especially if she kissed who you thought she would.