CHAPTER 7- Annabeth's POV

CHAPTER 7

Annabeth's POV

"So basically now Percy is smart and you can swim." Grover summed up.

"Yep." I replied.

I had just finished telling Grover about what had happened. I know Chiron had advised to keep it a secret but I knew Grover deserved to know Percy was safe. And along with knowing that he knew my "secret".

There was an awkward moment of silence before--

"This is so AWESOME!!" Grover suddenly shouted.

I was glad that everyone had left the mess hall already because I would have been so embarrased. Even without everybody there I still was red in the face.

"Grover!" I chided.

"Sorry. But this is so cool! I mean can you really like breathe underwater and make it move and stuff?"

"Yes Grover! Now come on we are going to be late for the quest if we don't start packing now!"

"Quest? Oh yeah quest! Now I remember. We got to get going it's already 9 am and the Argo 2 leaves at 12!" realized Grover.

"Oh my gods Grover you basically repeated what I just said! Anyway. Let's get going!"

And we raced to the cabins.

-----------

After Chiron started his little speech, I started to get restless.

"Can't we just start already?" I muttered to myself.

Percy was waiting for me and every second counted.

Finally Chiron finished and we set off. Every camper was coming with us. We had asked the gods to protect it to the best if their ability because we had only left Argus and the nymphs behind.

I was so thankful Chiron was coming with us. We definitely needed him.

When I thought about Chiron it reminded me of how Percy used call him Mr. Brunner and that made me think of the first time I ever saw him. I found him on the porch of the Big House and together Chiron and I had carried him inside. We got some Apollo campers to help us with the big stuff but after they had done all they could do, Chiron said he just needed rest. I sat beside him and spoonfed him nectar and ambrosia. In his sleep I watched him drool and listened to him mumble.

I found myself brushing away a tear. I missed Percy so much.

"Don't worry," I whispered. "I'm coming."