CHAPTER 14- Jason's POV

CHAPTER 14

Jason's POV

"Ready?" Leo asked me.

"Go for it." I said.

Annabeth, Piper, Rachel, and I held tightly to the handlebar, prepared for liftoff. I really didn't need to worry, because I could fly . . . But I really didn't feel like getting thrown off the boat right now.

The boat started to rise off the water and into the air. I wasn't scared of heights but I watched with amusement as my friends reacted to the change.

Piper started to play with her hair as the boat rose, looking carefully over the edge. She always did that when she was nervous. She looked so cute.

Rachel was looking very very pale. But after seeing that I was looking at her she put on a fake smile.

Annabeth looked the worse. It was weird though, she wasn't scared of heights before. But then . . . it didn't look like the reason she was freaking out wasn't the fact she was in the air . . . It looked like she didn't want to leave the water. Something was going on with Annabeth. She seemed to always want to be close to the water ever since we left. That was no problem until now.

"I'm going back to my room." Annabeth said quickly.

"I'll go with you," Rachel said as she followed Annabeth out of the room.

It was so weird. Rachel and Annabeth had become best friends. Before they were nice to each other, but there still seemed to be a competition for Percy. Now there was an unbreakable friendship between them. Hmm . . .

My thoughts were interrupted by Leo.

"I'll leave you guys." Leo said. I just saw that Piper had been staring at me. Oops . . .

"Don't worry it's on auto pilot." He reassured us.

He walked out the door.

"Are you ready?" Piper asked me.

"I just don't know what it will be like meeting them. The other Roman demigods I mean. It'll be like, 'Hi Jason!' 'Hi! Um . . . I don't know you're name but you know mine . . . ? ? ?' I might have vague memories or dèja vu but I still won't know them." I explained.

There was actually something else I was scared of but I didn't want to tell Piper.

"That's not it is it. There is somebody over there you knew. Right? A girlfriend?" Piper asked kindly, reading my mind. She moved next to me and put my hand in hers.

"Reyna. That's her name. The thing is . . . I don't feel anything for her. She's just a far off memory . . . I only know what I feel for you." I said, as I intertwined my fingers with hers.

"Well then. Just tell her you have a new girlfriend. A better one too I think." She smiled at me.

She kissed me on the cheek and we walked together, hand in hand, to dinner.