CHAPTER 17: Annabeth's POV

Sorry for the short chapter last time. Hopefully this chapter will be longer. Oh also... I made it Annabeth's POV again because I think that it's the most interesting from her and Percy's POV. Anyways... Here is the next chapter.

CHAPTER 17

Annabeth's POV

As soon as I stepped through the crack I immediately regretted it. Eyes flew straight to us. Mouths dropped, expressions became disoriented. Basically, I was really really really embarrassed.

And scared.

So many things could happen.

What if they didn't agree or didn't even listen? So many different possibilities....

"Jason....?????" a girls voice called out braking the silence.

"Is that really you????" someone stood up in the middle of the crowd.

I looked over at Jason, his fists were clenched. His mouth a straight line.

Finally, he spoke up.

I mean this was HIS camp NOT ours.

"Hi!.... Um.... Okay... Let's get straight to the point. There is another camp. A camp for the Greek demigods. Juno, or as they call her, Hera, switched Percy and I so that he came here and I went to the Greek camp."

Chatter started among the demigods. Jason tried to get their attention again.

"Guys... Umm..."

"HEY!" I shouted. Gods I could not take this. The room immediately fell silent.

"Umm... Thanks Annabeth..." Jason whispered.

Percy moved closer to me. It almost seemed he was afraid someone was just going to take me away like Hera did him. I had missed him so much.

"Anyways," Jason continued. "Umm.. So yeah. The reason Juno swapped Percy and I was because she wants us to work together.

 "She was captured and Porphyrion used her powers to come back. We rescued her although he was able to escape. He is going to the very roots of the gods to destroy them, Greece.

"For this reason Juno thinks that this is a time for Greek and Roman demigods to unite.

"We need to fight together against Gaea and Porphyrion."

For a while no one spoke. Then...

"Why should we go with them? We should just go by ourselves. Who needs the Greek demigods? They aren't known for their fighting skills either." a males voice sounded.

My knuckles tightened. I guess they hadn't seen me fight...

"Yeah! Why should we help them?" another person shouted out.

Or Percy fight...

"They don't know anything!" someone else said.

Or both of us together as a team....

"HEY!" I shouted again. Thankfully they shut up again.

"If you guys are so bloodthirsty then why don't we have a competition? A simple game of Capture the Flag. That's all. Greece vs. Rome. If we win, you come with us. If you win, then you can decide what to do."

"Annabeth..." Grover whimpered, obviously scared we might lose.

I ignored him.

"The girl offers a good proposition." a new voice came into the room. A she-wolf walked into the room, her chocolately red coat shined. "I, Lupa, agree to your proposition. Tomorrow night, we fight!"

Okay... Talking wolves are kinda creepy....